Sign in to follow this  
Mr Peabody

CASmate - Software/Flexi

Hi,

I've been doing some searching and have found a software called CASmate. I view a demo of Flexi and it was used to trace a bitmap. I did a google search and found a lot of references to cracked down load, etc. (Not my thing).

But I was wondering if anyone has used it, is their a demo version or has any information on the program.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Peabody

Update - Called Flexi to try and find out more. Well Since I'm using the "Expert" (lol) version I would need to upgrade at a cost of $1700.00    :o After I got done laughing, I thanked them for their time.

Vector magic is only $295 for the desktop equivalent (maybe better)

So, got my answer.

$1700, yea right.

Peabody

Flexi is a crazy powerful program... it can do everything 4, 5, or 6 programs, all in one. But if you don't have a problem opening and closing different programs just to get one image/design done... then you saved yourself some $$$...

If you had a chance to use it, and learn all the useful tools... you'd be sold. Also... if this was a fulltime gig for you, that $1700 would pay for itself over a short time...

Guest fivestar

I would say by looking at Mr Peabody's sig this is a full-time gig for him.  I've never heard of casmate, is it something seperate from regular flexi-sign?

CASmate was Flexi before Flexi was Flexi.  :o

Its old. I used to last back in 99 on Win 95 driving a Roland Cutter. Good but old.

Flexi is the way to go IMO.

Jon

No not a full time gig - yet. Want it to be. All the equipment except the vinyl cutter was given to me by the CEO of the company I work for (all new). I own 5% of the company. I'm just waiting for the 5% to pay off, then I'll have the printer/cutter and laminator I really want. In the mean time still learning and doing side work.

By the way, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Peabody