hanapi

Selecting Make and model from drop down menu

I have a US Cutter 721.

When I wish to cut something I get  a dialog box asking to select brand and model of the cutter.

The uS cutter is not on this list.

What do I have to select>>

Help please.

Thanks,

JR

I think it is the selltopia -refine ,or the refine cutter driver.I'm not sure on the name as you can tell.But it has those words in there somewhere.

I think it is the selltopia -refine ,or the refine cutter driver.I'm not sure on the name as you can tell.But it has those words in there somewhere.

Hi Billy,

yes it is the selltopi refine....but I don't see those words..

I had to laugh..after finally getting the cutter to work, I thought I have all these graphics saved up and I am going to cut one to see.

Well the graphic stared back at me just as hard as I was staring at it...

That was about it. Nothing else..

I have GOT to get new glasses....

Ok ...what is the difference between Refine DMPL and Refine HPSL?

It makes you want to pimp slap the monitor when that happens!I think you want to use the dmpl.I think the hpsl has something to do with hewlet/packard.

It makes you want to pimp slap the monitor when that happens!I think you want to use the dmpl.I think the hpsl has something to do with hewlet/packard.

Either that or drop kick it off the table..

i'll give it a try this evening....

Thanks.

JR

Hello, yes just to verify in Artcut the correct device is "Refine MH721 DMPL". You should use this even if you have the 40 or 50 inch plotters.

Hello, yes just to verify in Artcut the correct device is "Refine MH721 DMPL". You should use this even if you have the 40 or 50 inch plotters.

Ok I did all of that and got to the cut part.

I have a box open looking at me but nothing is happening.

It says output to cutter. The sizes,etc and Com 3 (USB) status finish preparing ..oh $%*& the box just went blank..

Light on the cutter is red (the reset light).

What haven't i done this time?

The reset light is normally lit when you turn on the plotter and before you plot. It sounds like there is a configuration issue with the communications setup. Make sure that the USB>Serial driver is set up to the same Com port setting in the Device manager as it is in Artcut and if it doesn't work try com 1 or 2. It might be best to call us tomorrow so I can go over a few more steps on the phone with you. Our hours and phone number is listed at www.selltopia.com

Ok...changed to Lpt port and the cutter worked right away..

Next...It did not even make a mark on the vynil. Where would I increase the pressure or length.?

in the holder or increase the pressure on the cutter?

Ok...changed to Lpt port and the cutter worked right away..

Next...It did not even make a mark on the vynil. Where would I increase the pressure or length.?

in the holder or increase the pressure on the cutter?

Got it to make a mark...

Now I get scratches all throught the words that I"cut"

To practise I tried to get the vinyl off and leave the words..

How in God's name do you do  that :huh:

I couldn't get more than one letter off before it ripped and also yanked the rest of the Vinyll up.

HELP!!??

Just a note for anyone reading this topic I am working with Hanapi to resolve the issue.

Just a note for anyone reading this topic I am working with Hanapi to resolve the issue.

Yes...Have spoken with Marcel and and am getting excellent service and help.

It is very nice to find people who stand behind their product not only with advise and instructions but also with actions.

Thanks Marcel.

JR

Happy New Year all....

I can't believe it took this long. After excellent help from Marcel, I had to wait until DHL figured out where our Little island in the Caribbean was.

Only took them 2 weeks..What a lousy courier.....folks never, ever,ever send anything with DHL.

Anyway, I got my stuff installed it and 2 minutes later cut my very own sign....

This machine is a kick in the butt...great stuff.

Many thanks Marcel

Anyone having any problems??...Talk to Marcel, he will certainly get you going. Honest and true to his word.

C yaz...

Thank you hanapi, I'm glad we finally got everything going for you. That shipping debacle was quite an ordeal but it was always a pleasure chatting with you in email and on the phone. Just let us know if there is anything else we can do to help get you going.

Cheers  B)