Sign in to follow this  
lmz319

HELP - How to keep SB from repositioning the graphic??

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to keep SB from repositioning the graphic? I have a design that is 22" x 45". I entered the vinyl size as 24" x 50". I centered the graphic in the first setup area in SB, taking care to center the design both horizontally and vertically.

In the cutter layout area even when I have the "fit to origin" box unchecked it ALWAYS defaults to moving the design to the very edge of the vinyl area and it won't let me manually move the design. I was halfway through my large piece and it's cutting the letters off the top b/c it's telling the cutter to cut all the way to the edge of the vinyl.

Please help?!

Thanks so much,

L

try putting a box around your graphic and centering the graphic in the box. make the box as wide as the vinyl you are cutting.

hope this helps

bb

Thank you for the suggestion...I poked around and changed a few things and somehow (not entirely sure HOW) I got it to work!

keep in mind also that the help file is full of information.

bb

A few things....

Make sure your image size isn't bigger than your vinyl width. Do this by "selecting" the image, then right clicking on the image, go to "size" and see what you're working with. It kinda sounds like this is the issue.

Another thing... just cause you make the "work space area" one dimension... you still have to go into the cutter "setup" screen and tell the cutter(through SBE) what vinyl width you are using.

On the cut screen, it's always going to put the image onto the edge/corner unless you click on one of the "weed" options. But that doesn't matter... what matters is where you position the blade to start cutting.

Hope some of that helps...

just a note. you don't have to go to the size screen to see what size your image is. just select the image  then look at the bottom of your screen, the size is listed there.

bb

Thank you all for the suggestions. I did read the help file and am getting *pretty* familar with the software, but still need lots more practice to know for sure what's really going on. :-)

I think there was some box that needed to be unchecked (I'm not at the computer with SB on it so I can't check right now.) Anyhow, I kept playing around until something worked.

I love this forum, BTW...so many helpful and intelligent people. Thanks again!