Sign in to follow this  
All Wet

Copam skipping letters

Just got a new copam in with sign blazer.... got it cutting with usb to usb..... BUT it likes to skip a letter or 2 when cutting.  seems crazy to me.  What am I doing worng? Thanks, Andy @ All Wet Sports

Open SignBlazer, and go to Cutter, then Setup. Let me know what you have listed for the top two selections.

If you are using the USB cable, the second selection should look something like: Blazer COM#- USB Serial Port

UGGH  Nope... there was a ... summa USB port..... that would not communicate at all.went back to my original setting and still missing  2 letters in the middle of the phrase.... then it shoots off in an angle and wastes quite a bit of vinyl till I cut  the machine off.

UGGH   Nope... there was a ... summa USB port..... that would not communicate at all.went back to my original setting and still missing  2 letters in the middle of the phrase.... then it shoots off in an angle and wastes quite a bit of vinyl till I cut  the machine off.

My SBE exhibited the same behavior of shooting-off at and angle and wasting a bit of vinyl.  My solution was to switch my software to FlexiStarter 8.5, as I could not discover why my SBE started doing that all-of-a-sudden (was working for a while...then started misbehaving without me changing any settings).  No problems since switching.

You are using USB but you have your output device set to lpt1?

OK ... got it working but very interesting......  it is on USB  to serial and working . Just cut  out to different items with no problem.....  BUT... I had to change the font type.  I was using Reporter font and when I changed that..... it quit skipping letters and going off on a LONG angle cut. Now it works fine!  I do want to be able to use the "reporter" Font.  Any help ??  Thanks

Perhaps a font that the cutting program does not like, or a problem with the font itself....

This is a font on the Sign Blazer program.... I never had that font before..... so you would think  there would be no problem.

This is a font on the Sign Blazer program.... I never had that font before..... so you would think  there would be no problem.

Indeed, if it is a SBE font, then it should be fine. I am not certain what would be causing this. I can try and recreate the issue here though.

Anyone else having problems with this particular SBE font?