Sign in to follow this  
splash0321

Starting a Non-Profit Org...need advice

Hello all, I'll get straight to the point.

Im a youth leader and my church, Me and the wife are starting a ministry that is completely dedicated to fund raising for mission trips. We'll be making t-shirts and just about anything else that can be made with a vinyl cutter.

Ive been making vinyl vehicle graphics as a hobby and am familiar with that aspect...i am unfamiliar with t-shirt vinyls and their qualities. We want the vinyl to last.....making a high quality t-shirt.

Is there a difference in heat presses? I mean buying one for $275 as opposed to 400-500?

And, of course, t-shirt brand preferences...we want inexpensive, but not cheap...i want a good all around t-shirt.

Thanks in advance.

For the heat press you want one that will maintain an even heat setting. I have a Hotronix, so I can only comment on that brand which has never given me a problem. Not one lost garment due to fluctuations in temperature. I use Gildan 50/50 T's 5.6 oz, for the most part. They seem to hold up well and no shrinkage problems. I'll use Jerzees but they don't seem to hold their shape as well.

You can get some real decent shirts from:  www.jiffyshirts.com

I only use Thermoflex for shirt vinyl............most times it outlasts the shirts.

I have the Mighty heatpress, paid around $700.00 for it and I love it.  Some also like the Sunie heatpress which runs around $300.00 the choice is yours.

Hope this has helped you some.

I don't know a thing about heat presses or t-shirts but just wanted to say that it's a great thing you are doing and I wish you all the luck!