ShowMeVinyls

photo transfer for 2 t's

I have a customer that needs two shirts  with a photo image on them .

Would any of you know what the cheapest route with the best quality

would be for me to use for this.

:thumbsup: I know, I was just picking..

So I'm assuming you have a plotter too?  Do you have the laser one?  I think you can do contour cutting with that model (why the laser if not). 

If all you have is a plotter and a heat press, and they want color, you might have a problem.  If that's the case, I'd say to get hooked up with someone who does Dye Sublimination and see if they can help you print a transfer or something...

If they're NOT needing color, but want someone's face... Thermal Vinyl.  Just gotta get the picture vectorized, mirror it, cut it, and press it.

Personally, I'm NOT a fan of the Staples IRON ON Transfers...but I SUPPOSE if you had a VERY steady hand, and wanted to carefully cut out the picture, to keep it from having a huge white box, you could...but it's not going to look as good as Dye Sub.

Transfer Express does Photo prints. I have no idea the costs but they are great to work with and could let you know pricing. I think Stahls also sells the paper if you have the printer. But I believe they stated it is good for the short run but not longevity when it comes to quality.

when u say photo what do u mean. a full photo like photo t shirts

if so, do u want to offer this service in the future?

get u a epson printer and contact coastal business supplies. tell them what ur trying to do.

they will send u samples. ask them for the jpss for inkjet. don't know what ur shirt color is.

but they will help u. that's if ur gonna offer this service in the future. and then it depends on ur graphic too. can u post it up.

u will get better help that way.

Photo t-shirt is exactly what i am needing...I have no intention to do this in the future . This is just for a client from my salon business wanting a  photo shirt for a family  event.

Im going to head over now to the transfer express site and see what they offer . if it is cost effective for this small of a quantity . or if maybe something like cafepress may be my answer..

Have any of yall  use cafe press for shirts like these ?

hey go over to tshirtforums.com and post up for ur area, may somebody close to u can do it for. i have seen people do it all the time.

If your looking to do a photo t shirt & you only want to do a few. you can buy transfer paper for an ink jet printer at Office Depot. Not sure of the Quality of product, but most of them are the same. You can also buy a cd program there called t shirt factory, by nova development, It comes with some cool features for I think, less than 40 bucks. I use it & it pays for itself. As far as transfer paper,  check out Pro world. They have some great products and great customer service. ( there not the cheapest, but I tried the cheap stuff,& that is what it is. What a waste of $$$) Hope this helps.  Norm

if they are white or very light tees you need. "jet pro soft stretch" jpss paper

and a printer with pigmented inks. 

the paper from office depot etc; does not wash very good and it fades quickly.

jpss is around the same price as cheap paper any way.

good luck  :thumbsup:

ragards duke.

I definitely want to try McLogan's paper, I've seen some of your shirts with that applied Charlie.