Sign in to follow this  
edge

Confession regarding cutter settings

If I were to go to the cutter settings in SignCut right now with someone looking over my shoulder I wouldn't be able to tell them what most of the settings pertain to, nor what they should be set at. Am I missing out on something? Can someone give me insight on the important ones. I can cut just fine with SignCut...however I can't help but wonder if I should know more. Thanks

The only 3 cutter settings I change are the manufacturer, cutter, and device, depending on which cutter I have hooked up, and on which port it is using. The others I leave alone. I assume you are referring to data bits, stop bits, parity etc.?

Ken sorry to do this but if you get a chance look at my post in this form about signitX2 and let me know if you have any idea as what is wrong

I was thinking of the 'Settings for Cutter' screen in SignCut.

Examples:

Step-by-step Cutting, Overlap, reference regristration marks, etc.

I believe mine is still set at defaults, however I'm not sure cause I don't know what any of them mean.

Then there is the set-up screen on the cutter. My offset is currently set at 20mm. I don't know where it should be and why?

I'm cutting ok..... I'm just wondering if I could be cutting cleaner or maybe with less waste if I understood any of this.

Thanks