Sign in to follow this  
gamblerbodydesigns

artcut output freeze

oh heres the problem i have at the moment

using illy cs3, artcut 2006 , and refine mh721 connected with lpt1 on winxp

imported an eps file from illustrator cs3 , didn't have all the extra lines on it so i was surprised there, and proceeded to cut/plot the image

in the output window i get just under halfway through the cut when it freezes and i'm left with half an image and a tone of wasted vynil

this is becoming a painfully expensive exercise

would anyone have any ideas as to what would be the cause /solution to this dilema , without having to get new software or hardware

Could be a buffer memory issue on the cutter itself, or maybe an LPT cable going out, or even a problem with the file you are cutting. Is the .eps file fully vectorized?

yeah i believe the image to be fully vectorised, the cutter starts when the image is half loaded , i was thinking maybe i should pause it before i hit the cut/plot button and then wait till the image is fully loaded (the output window bar indicator)

also do u have ant tips for importing the images so that they don't have the extra lines that appear as soon as they hit artcut?

i'm using b&w images to trace so theres no colour and using live trace in illy to vector , then grouping the paths , and exporting or saving as eps cs3 format.

would saving them as an earlier format help?

the one that worked i think i saved from a trial version of corel....downloaded so many different cut, plot and graphic design programs over the past few weeks trying to get this sorted

thanks heaps for ya help ken

Dale

gamblerbodydesigns.com

We quit bundling ArtCut with our cutters about the time I came on board here, so I am extrememly unfamiliar with the program or its quirks, sorry. Could be the file that you are importing?

yeah i think that may be where the problem lies. i used a trial version of corel and saved a file as an eps from there , and that one cut.

when i use illy i seem to have problems with the export/import to artcut