Sign in to follow this  
blownss

New to all this, got a few questions still

Hey all, I just purchased my first vinyl plotter here a week or so ago. I got te 48" Refine model, and so far I am pretty happy with it. I have been using SignCut and have made a few decals so far so I feel like I'm getting the hang of it. My sister is a graphics designer so I was able to get a copy of Corel Draw X3 from her and that is what I've been using to make the vector files for SignCut to use.

Anyways, the main question I have is this. Let's say I have a company who wants to buy a bunch of the same decal to hand out or sell or whatever. I would want to cram as many of them onto the vinyl as possible as to not waste any. What is the easiest way to do this? Should I make an AI file that has a bunch of copies of the same decal over and over? Is there an easy way to tell SignCut I want the same thing cut out multiple times without wasting a bunch of material? I saw there was a number of copies option, but I wasn't really sure how this worked.

Another question I have is about layering. Is it really as simple as making the decal in Corel with mutiple colors, bring it into SignCut, put in some of those reference points and cut out the different colors?

I think that is all I have for now. I'm sure I will come up with some more questions a little later on. Thanks for any tips!