Sign in to follow this  
hairyconiption

A few SignCut & Other Problems

I have a refine mh 1351 cutter and am having a few problems with both software and hardware I am hoping someone can help me with in a step by step sorta way. Running Windows XP and OSx 10.4 using usb.

1. If I move my orgin point by pressing offline/pause and then moving the arrows where I want the carriage and then press the orgin button I don't get a complete weeding box. Instead it does half the box and then cuts across my whole peice of vinyl back to the orgin. How do I move the carriage to a new position to utilize all of my vinyl without having this happen.

2. When the cutter cuts out a letter or inside of a circle the cuts rairly line up. I have my blade offset set to .01 and I am using the 45 deg blade that was provided with the cutter.

3. If I open an eps file from Illustrator it cuts it out multiple times.

That about sums it for now.

Thanks

Wow, I am replying to my own thread, well I am smarter now. I figured out the alignment problem. Turns out my carriage wasn't on its track. Who knew, it is cutting so much better now... Still haveing the cut to orgin problem.. But only when I try cutting the same file three times in a row.

Does the blade drag to origin on both the XP and the Mac machine? Cutting with SignCut right?

The blade drags to orgin on both xp and osx. It seems to only do it after I have already made a cut. When I go to cut a new sticker if I haven't reset the machine or imported a new image into sign cut it doesn't finisish cutting the weeding border and then cuts to orgin.