Sign in to follow this  
cneil79

cutting from inkscape

Is there a way to cut straight from inkscape? Also I'm having problems going from inkscape to flexi starter 7.6, any ideas

Thanks

Chris

Guest crshirts

I don't believe you can cut from inkscape, it's just a graphic progam.

save design as EPS then import into flexi

Carl

when i try opening the eps file in flexi it says the file is not supported, even tho the eps file extension is listed .

not all .eps files are vector. Cutter will only cut vector images.

If you vectorized using Inkscape, make sure that you delete the raster image after vectorizing it (it will be sitting directly under your vector).

I'm not sure if this will help anyone but.....

I have not used anything but cut studio so far and I'm not sure if its similar to the other cut programs,  when I would try and OPEN a vector file I would get an error message but all was well when i "IMPORTED" a vector file. Open only works for me if I have already used the file and saved it within the cut studio program. For a new file I always have to import it.

Took me a little while to catch on to this I was always trying to open a vector file . As I said I'm not sure if this pertains to any other program other than cut studio, if it doesn't my apologies...lol.

Renee

I am not entierly sure inkscape completely saves to EPS right...I have had problems with it saving to EPS.  I use plain SVG and it seems to work to import other programs.  I need to research it more.  The nice thing about open source projects is they are adding new features all the time, so I need to start reading the project logs on the site to see whats in the pipes.  So far I am having better luck vectorizing with it than illustrator.

new to all of this so here goes. how do you save as .eps? I found a text I want to cut for a tile. Formal italic

I am trying to learn but a little help would be appreciated. All I can save it to is svg I believe.

How do I get the text to go to the bitmap window

I type the text, hit the approiate keys, window poops up with no text in it, any idea? tks