ralais

How do I line up the decals?

I have a few people asking me about doing some store fronts & vehicle lettering for them.  Are there any tools, tips & tricks to making sure the vinyl decals are lined up straight on the windows / vehicles?

Is there any tips, tools or tricks for shirts as well?  I have done several shirts now but they aren't all lined up the same?

I use a 2' square on my trucks etc to help line things up . I use a pencil & make measured marks , then make a line . I look at that line critically , as the decals seem to magnify errors . Sometimes on vehicles , the actual center , etc doesn't look right . It has to be adjusted to what looks right  . I use a 4' drywall square when I have help . Like in many things , the installer sees things nobody else pays attention to . I would hang the decals with tape before appyng to decide . :thumbsup:

I use the body lines on the vehicles (as much as possible) & a level on the storefronts hope it helps

First at all im taking pics from the front window of a store or from a car sideways.

Then im loading it into corel and place the layout on it to see how it would fit best.

That way you get an idea of how it will look on the background you have to stick on.

Beside its a good prework to show the guys how it will look and makes it easier to change some things, depends on their wishes.

If the layout is ok for them im using some tape and a measure to mark some points on the window or whatever. put some tape on the vinyl and line it up.

Step back and have a minute to look at it, no need to hurry if you wanna have a good job done. :huh: If it fits well stick it. ;D