Sign in to follow this  
jenni

Help with Digital Printing Question

Can I do digital printing on a small scale using my inkjet printer and the digital receptive vinyl?  It seems like I should be able to, but maybe not. 

I do it all the time,but it has to be the correct type of paper. I get mine from a lady on ebay.

I do it all the time,but it has to be the correct type of paper. I get mine from a lady on ebay.

I've been thinking about this too... I cut digital print media to 8.5 x 11 size and ran it through my printer and the ink came out very wet and smeared.

So what kind is correct to use? and do you have to overcoat it with something to keep the ink from coming off?

That's a great resource! I noticed they even had waterslide decals... not too long ago I had to send a customer away for that. Thanks for the info, BannerJohn!

Keep in mind it's going to have a VERY limited outdoor life (even if it is laminated with a UV absorbing laminate designed for this....aka not clear vinyl).

hi banner john, what in your opinion is the outdoor life, covered with clear vinyl and without clear?also are you using pigmented ink?

regards  duke

Keep in mind it's going to have a VERY limited outdoor life (even if it is laminated with a UV absorbing laminate designed for this....aka not clear vinyl).

[

hi darkdan, have you used the product, or know of anybody using it?

regards duke