Sign in to follow this  
jenni

Hi there-I am new but excited to learn

Jenni here.  I am new at this!  I just started a new job and am hoping to get a better understanding of the sign industry.  I am looking forward to having some nice people hold my hand and walk me through the areas where I have trouble and do not understand.  Thank you!

Jenni

My first question is going to be

Can I do digital printing on a small scale using my inkjet printer and the digital receptive vinyl?  I will post it in another spot, but thought I would try it here just to see if it works.

Hello Jenni and welcome to the forum.

I've never done that kind of printing, so I don't know the answer.

Jenny

Welcom.   I bought some of the 8x11 laser printable vinyl and it works great.   I also bought clear Oracal 651 to cover the printing and get longer life.   They do have that also for ordanary home injet printers.   BEFORE you buy, be sure your printer is on the list on ones that can be used for the specifi vinyl.    You'll find these printable vinyl sellers both on ebay and otherwise on the internet.  

Regis

You can buy your vinyl by the role and cut it to size with a papper trimer. Universal Products HiCal works very well and also there High Performance vinyls. You can also purchase LG vinyl and do the same. You will save $$$$$$$ if you buy by the role. Just remember not to touch the print area and let dry very well. Set your printer to high gloss or photo paper setting and you will be good to go. :(

Can I do digital printing on a small scale using my inkjet printer and the digital receptive vinyl?  I will post it in another spot, but thought I would try it here just to see if it works.

Welcome Jenni!

Yes you can Jenny.  You can purchase this printable inkjet vinyl from John at OOC.  Tell him Charlie Sent you.

His site is http://www.oocrcracing.com/  Click on teh Plotters buttona nd then scroll down to his media kit.  I belive you can buy 10 8.5x11 sheets and 10 clear laminate sheets for $30.

Charlie