Sign in to follow this  
duke

remove background color

a cient wants some shirts done with a pic of a man from his business card in the middle of two rings with text to curves between the two rings.

i scanned the card to computer but the background came out a light grey, which will show up on the shirt.i cannot get rid of the grey. can someone please tell me how to remove it? i am using inkscape and signblaser

regards duke

I don't know what software you have but, I'd use Corel Paint and create a mask around the desired object and delete the unwanted portion.  Time consuming if very detailed. 

Hey Duke,

If you look at your options in your scanning program you should have on option that says (Black & White) and if that does not work look in your inkscape in the options for an option that states (posterize). Every program should have this option just under a different name.

Let me know if you find anything ill check around for ya !

Boe

Xpress Signs & Graphics

Duke, if you are in a rush you are always welcome to post the card and someone would be willing to remove the background color for ya.

Just a suggestion.

Jen

When you are replying, towards the bottom of the box click on 'Additional Options' and upload your file from there.

thanks regis for your help, but part of the wrench and hands are gone.

regards duke

Do you have his card? If you do, scan it at a higher resolution so the picture is bigger and better quality. Then post it again.

hi jay, my scanner died last week.i will keep at it and hopefully will solve the problem.

regards duke

If you are cutting and not printing, you can probably just draw in the 3 (or so) missing lines

hi jay, my scanner died last week.i will keep at it and hopefully will solve the problem.

regards duke

Duke, that a bummer about the scanner!  To bad your customer doesn't have his logo on his computer, would make it alot easier for us to help.  Some of my customers don't have theirs on file either, I try to encourage them to.

Duke, that a bummer about the scanner!  To bad your customer doesn't have his logo on his computer, would make it alot easier for us to help.  Some of my customers don't have theirs on file either, I try to encourage them to.

Digitize your customer's logo, than tack on a digitizing fee. If they want the digital version for their use, then you can charge a little more  :(

Duke ill have a vector for ya by Tuesday, I have been swamped here! The image is good for me!

:(;D