Sign in to follow this  
mrnieguy

MH721 main board failure after two days

the main board has failed in my mh721 after two days of use ,I live in canada and the parts website says no international order ,how do i order this part and is there a waranty for any period of time

thank you

What I see is someone who is pessimistic,and looks for things to go bad.Their tactics if you read this forum,is to sell the cutters,and help the people out with their problems the best way they can.If they have a tactic to sell parts,I sure have seen not one person mention that on this board.And what would you report to paypal or anyone else?That your cutter gave you no problems until the daily wear and tear caused by you using it made the machine break down?I see a lot of posts on the forum about help.That's what forums are for.And if you can find a machine anywhere that is mass produced that has never had one of them break down,you let me know where it is because I would truly like to see a miracle in my lifetime.I've had R2 for over four months now.I broke some bolts because I use mine ten to twelve hours daily.And when I bought it,I did not get a warranty because I didn't think I needed one.And I was right!When I get up in the mornings,and I'm not scared to turn R2 on.Not all of the cutters have problems.But this forum is for those who have problems.Not just the cutters,but software as well.And this forum is a way for the people who own these cutters to share (heavy hint to all the members) photos of the work they have done with these cutters.And they are a new company.selling cutters that are basicaly made with the same parts as roland cutters.If we are all guinea pigs,I'm glad I got in on the ground floor.Because once the demand for these cutters increases,so will the price.

Hey Billy I didnt mean to sound like an mule ..i am just one that likes to be aware of my surrondings ...and I may have gone a tad far ..but I just dont want to be left out in the cold if someting does go arye...

You are right though this is a place to get help and support from other members and even the Makers of this product....Now thats customer service ... I enjoy it here and Dont mean to sound rude or insencere ....fact is I havent had one problem with my cutter ...None ..at all ... I just like to hear when someone does what the outcome is that is all ..... I will post some of my stuff tomarrow well here is one I make up for the holiday s........

http_

We don't have problems here.We have discussions.And through discussion - problem solved.On your problem,I would talk to Marcel and he will be able to help you out.I don't think it matters if you live in Canada - A'!He usually checks the board when he gets to work,which is in the pacific time zone.And Beardown,I like the pic.Is the white vinyl or board?

Board ..there Billy ...... I have some others that I will post in the right location ...  have probaly 4 or 5 designs that I made up... That board is so cheap .... very usful as well

I've been using the back of the silicone sheets for the vinyl backing to do plots when I check a pattern before cutting.It's a lot cheaper than wasting vinyl if the design is wrong.And if I don't have any coroplast lying around,I'll use my walls!I am going to do ouir bedroom in what ever design my wife decides on after the first of the year.I'll post those when I get it done.

Mrnieguy,I just wanted to let you know that Marcel may have a problem getting online today.I have read that a storm has knocked power in washington and oregon.He is usually on the board by now.I know you're haveing problems and want to get your cutter going.I'm sure Marcel will contact you as soon as possible.

Hello, sorry for the late response but we were just able to get into work today. Of course we will work with our good neighbor to the north to get the plotter fixed. If you are out of warranty then you can always buy the part you need from www.uscutterdirect.com otherwise we would do a part exchange. I would like to talk to you over the phone or direct email (if you haven?t emailed already?) to verify that the motherboard is the actual problem and not the carriage off the tracks, blown fuse, or some other problem.

I sent  an email to service@uscutter.com  a while ago but no response ,I left a phone number and a cell phone number

my email is

brooksdw@shaw.ca

I would like to get this thing running again

Sorry for the delay I just saw one of your emails this morning, not sure what happened to the other ones with the phone number and other information :huh:  In any case I've sent you a response so we can get things worked out on this issue.

mrnieguy...glad to hear you are up and running .....did you have o buy the part ....just wondering

You're welcome mrnieguy, glad to hear everything is working for you.

mrnieguy...glad to hear you are up and running .....did you have o buy the part ....just wondering

mrnieguy was in warranty and put up a deposit for the part which we will reimburse as promised once we receive the faulty part. Normally we prefer for customers to send us the old part first and then we can just send out the replacement. However we understand that sometimes people are in a time crunch so a deposit can be placed for immediate shipment of the part. Likewise the part can be purchased online which would also be reimbursed for customers who are in warranty once we receive the faulty parts back.

Just one more good reason to buy the warranty!You never know what will happen in the shipping,or in the making of the machine.So it's wise to spend the small amount of money to cover the warranty just in case.

Good suggestion Billy. As long as you buy the shipping insurance on ebay you are covered for the first 30 days which is usually when a problem would occur if there is going to be one; additionally the one year extended warranty is good peace of mind too.

I do suspect that the few hardware problems we have had are from mishandling during shipping. I have confirmed this last week when I repaired and tested a plotter and resent it to the customer who received it damaged for the second time. It was obviously thrown around with the carriage taken off the tracks and physically damaged. I packaged the plotter very well but I know that the larger 50 inch plotters are very heavy and likely thrown around, especially during the holiday shipping rush. To help alleviate these problems we've started putting fragile stickers on all the boxes and asked the manufacturer to provide enforced packaging. We hope to see immediate improvements from these changes.

That's good!I don't want my 50" gettin' banged around when I order it.I've seen the delivery drivers actually kick the boxes off of their truck at the warehouse where I get my guitar parts.And I saw an older post woman at a post office near me,who either at one time in high school,or maybe it was just dementia,thought she was a basket ball player,and she tossed a box from the three point line at the counter.She should have gone for two,because she was a little short,and you could hear glass shatter inside the box.

Ouch, it?s hard to protect your packages against that kind of abuse. I haven't seen anything that bad but I have been the victim of receiving damaged goods in packages, especially around Christmas time. It does seem like shipping folks just assume boxes are ok to toss around, which is not always the case.