Sign in to follow this  
jfought

need help pricing

we hae been contacted to do a sugn but do not know what to charge.

the sign

15" or 18" tall by 41" wide there will be three sections this size with one word pre section.

1. What

2. The

3. Rock?!

possible a 15" logo just basic.

they would like it in white.

by the book we have we should be charging 125-150 plus installation.

does this sound right?

ok, you will be doing 3 sections that will be 18" x 41", you will most likely be using a 24" roll so you have to figure in waste, so figure all sections are 24" x 41". 

So to do all three you will need to use 24" x 123", now add a little scrap to the front and back and say about 24" x 130" - Now devide both by 12 to get how many feet you need. so it will be 2' x 11', so that is 22 sq. ft. of vinyl to make the product.  For a simple design (just words) I charge $9 a sq. ft. so just multiply the sq. ft. price by the square footage, and I come up with a total of  $198 just for the decals, Not sure how much you would charge for the install but I would add about $70-$130 depending on diffrent factor, such as how far I would have to drive, and other things, and for the 15" logo I would be about $20, so my min. price I would do it for would be about $290 for everything.  Hope this helps and I didn;t confuss you with all this.

Ryne - good pricing.. can you put the formula out for everyone to copy down please? thanks..

And I agree with Ryne on this one.. I would charge around $250 - $300 myself.

Remember to up-sale more colors to your customer to squeeze some more out

of them! Good luck!

Ryne - good pricing.. can you put the formula out for everyone to copy down please? thanks..

And I agree with Ryne on this one.. I would charge around $250 - $300 myself.

Remember to up-sale more colors to your customer to squeeze some more out

of them! Good luck!

Ya I actually have it all made up in an excel spread sheet that I make charts to use for quick referance.  I am also making a "program" in excell to just type in the amounts and get the cost.  I will also write out the formula in another post to aid everyone.  I think we all need to charge about the same, because if someone only charges half of what they should it hurts the whole industry as a whole.

Again, I say we(as a whole) need to develop a sign bible to go by for pricing,

general FAQs, guides, instruction manuals and/or other important information

used and needed day-to-day to make our businesses work more efficiently.

What   :thumbsup:

NO Pictures?  :thumbsup:

One good trick to do is to Upsell on something like that.  Get the job all figured out, get them good to go and then upsell.

Think of it this way.

If you're selling the job at say $125.00, that's the hard part.  Once they've committed, you've got them on the hook for $125...

NOW, here's where the UPSELLING comes in handy...

Sell them XYZ upgrade - You present it to them that it will make their sign more visible, stand out better etc etc... and you price it at say 25.00 extra...

See, the beauty is you've arleady sold the $125.  You're not selling $150 in money... You're only selling $25.00 in money, and for all the features and benefits you're giving them for ONLY $25....  I mean, if that got them ONE more customer to notice the sign per year... would the profits THEY make pay for that $25.00?  What about if 2 people notice it (get the greed factor working against themselves here)

"John, if you're investing good money into your business like this to earn your company more customers, provide longterm exposure, wouldn't $25.00 be a really wise investment to get your sign to stand out more, show better from the road, draw more attention to it (etc etc ), I mean, It makes sense, doesnt' it?  ((Be shaking your head yes gently as you're saying this))

Whammo  :P 

Will this work in every scenario?  No.... hardly not.  It probably will work about 30% of the time too.  But if you have several good tools like this in your 'toolbelt' and you pull the right one out at the right time and have practiced it enough to where you can deliver it correctly... you'll be thinking about setting up 2nd location before you know it!!