Sign in to follow this  
tdp

New To Cutting

I just got my laser cutter today!  So I"m very very new....Where do you put the blades? and how many blades does it use at a time?  The instructions aren't very detailed.

no problem ... we were all newbies at one time.

only one blade at a time. blade goes into the blade holder (the cylinder looking thing). Fat end of the blade goes into the hole opposite of the chrome pin plunger. the cylinder top and bottom can rotate. You need to put the blade in than turn the cylinders in opposing directions until the tip of the blade sticks out about a half of a credit card thickness (seriously).

The blade holder than will go (blade down), into the cuff/sleeve on the right side of the sliding carriage. Just make sure that carriage is not pressing down upon either of the red "kill" buttons (it's an emergency stop device so that nothing gets all wrecked and broken). If you ever need to move the carriage - when the cutter is on - take the cutter offline and use the arrows. If the cutter is off, than you can gently slide the carriage by hand.

BTW - welcome to the forum! It'd help us other forum members if you're willing to share some of your pertinent info in your signature (i.e. PC or Mac, cutter software (Sign Blazer, Flexi, etc.), operating system, connection from cutter to computer (USB or serial), etc.).

Anytime.  :o

I'm guessing since you didn't ask at all about how to setup the floor stand for it, that you probably bought the tabletop version. If you think instructions for the cutter itself are difficult to worth with, you should see the instructions for the stand.  :huh: