Sign in to follow this  
KustomDecals

What does everyone use for there transfer paper?

Hello all. I was curious as to what everyone might be using for there transfer paper? I have really good transfer material but left it at the office of work and am stuck without it and was thinking of using masking tape? Would anyone know if that works ok? Let me know. Thanks!

R-tape conform(paper app tape), and R-tape AT-60(clear app tape)

I too use R-Tape Conform paper and it's great but, R-Tape Conform Clear for layering.  The R-Tape Conform Clear is thicker that I would like and will try AT-60 next time for the clear

Right now I'm using R-Tape Conform and AT-60 Clear.

Clear is great. I'll probably be searching for a new paper tape, but conform isnt a bad tape at all.I've used masking tape before. I use it for small stuff sometimes.

I've been using Oracal's app tape. It's the cheapest that we've got here. I wouldn't mind trying something else, but I don't think the local store here carries too many different app tapes. Different brands of vinyl, yes - different brands of app tape, no. (sigh)

Does anyone know how long app tape is supposed to last (in the way of adhesive quality). I bought mine last November and it doesn't seem to be as tacky as it was brand new. Only major change is when I moved from a place with constant mild humidity, to a place that's hot and dry and only humid when it's about to rain.

We use At60 for multi tasking app tape & overlay, standard paper tape for images to be shiped to customer location. AT60 crinkles with climate change and looks damaged to customers which do not work with app tape on a daily basis.

Boe

Xpress Signs & Graphics