Sign in to follow this  
decalboyz.ca

can not comunicate through the LPT cable

Ok I?ve had the plotter for a little while now and no major problems. I noticed it does not finish cutting and lately the blade almost seems to get lazy everyone one in a while and destroy the vinyl by leaving this nice little line. I was running it off USB 4800 baud and I?m using flexi sign pro v7.6, unfortunately I destroyed my USB cable and now I can't get it to work off the LPT port, I have it setup for the Roland PNC-1000 drivers. I have tried it on 3 different computers and still no better response. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it because I have a couple big jobs due for the end of the weekend, also the "type number" is mh1351 if that helps.

You could try another Parallel cable. Or get another USB cable to replace the destroyed one.

The "line of death" sometimes is caused by static, sometimes by the file itself, and sometimes it is a hardware issue with the cutter.

Ok well I think I miss typed that part, I didn't break the USB cable I broke the USB port in the plotter (don't ask me how). I was trying to use a 25' cable and then I went and bought a 15' to see if that would make a difference still the same result. I know they recommend using the cable sent, but I unfortunately was not sent a cable that?s why I decided to use USB in the first place. Does any one know where I can get the USB port from, its a simple 6 point solder job so it doesn't really make since to replace the whole board, unless that would fix my LPT problem.

Think I spoke to you on the phone today. The solution is a motherboard replacement.