Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter012004

would this work?

Im thinking of tinting my 2 front windows on my 03 Ranger 4x4.  I know it will cost a lot to take it in, and I am thinking of doing this myself, since tint is 6 bucks a roll at advanced auto.  So my question is, would this work:  making a template of cardboard of the inside of the window and then laying the long sheet of tint on top and cutting the material with a razor blade and then applying?  Is there a easier way to go about this? 

all you should have to do is cut the material a little bigger than the window. those windows are pretty flat. just make sure that you leave 1/4 inch around the left,right and top. the bottom of the window tint needs to be tucked under the plastic stip. this will be help keep it from peeling.  you can use bannerjohns solution to apply the tint.

You can use soap and water as a slip solution just watch which soap you use. Do not use Dawn it is way to harsh ! I use Joy, just give a lil squirt into your weed spayer intall a water filter on the wand hose and you are good to go !!

Boe

Xpress Signs & Graphics

I have used the cheap tints at advaned auto, auto zone, and even walmart. Save yourself some time and order something better. They all will turn purple within about six months. If you want to do it yourself go to a local tint shop and trade some sign work for it.

Guest sciondrgn

;D  and for goodness sakes, check your local state tint laws  ;D

Never!!!    ;D  ;D  ;D

Ive always run 5-15% tint on my cars and the tint law is 32% here.. of course I can legally because of my vision lol.. Speaking of which i need to get the new car tinted soon! 

I traded a sign for all of my windows on my audi done....50% front and 35% on all the backs.. good trade  :huh:..  He said he needed a simple sign, and I said I needed tint. :-)

post-728-12986526498803_thumb.jpg

post-728-1298652649981_thumb.jpg

post-728-12986526513406_thumb.jpg

post-728-12986526514079_thumb.jpg