Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Weak Laser?

I'm got a new Laserpoint 24.  Had a little damage in shipping, but just minor stuff on the outside red pieces.  Need to call support back to get the ends replaced, but thought I'd better make sure everything is working first.  Things seem to communicate and the motion seems pretty good even though I get some wining sounds from time to time.  But the laser is really a tiny spec of light that you can barely see.  Is this normal?  Can anyone post a picture of their laser?

yes. tiny is because it's used to pin point your registration mark when you're contour cutting. Now I can't testify to whether it's weak or not, but you can see it, so I'm guessing the laser is either on (in your case), off, or sometimes on - sometimes off. So if you can see it, you're good to go.

bummer about the shipping damage. when it makes a whining noise, is it only when a specific action is occurring? (i.e. carriage moving left to right, vinyl scrolling forward, etc.)

The laser has died or gone off.  The noise is only when the carrier moves to the left or right, so it may just be the ribbon cable dragging.

Anyone having problems getting through on the phone to US Cutter today?  Call keeps dropping after I connect.  Maybe they know its me. :'(