vinylgirl30

Problem importing eps file, tried eveything.

I have been trying for hours now to import this eps file (it's attached). I have also tried to vectorize in SBE, but it just turns out crap.

I do get eps file imported but then it won't show up when I go to cut. I have tried welding it, which was a suggestion I saw in a post, that still didn't work. 

Any help? I have 6 jobs I have to send out tomorrow and they all require this logo!

As a side bar, I have vectorized this this image for the Wishblade the "Parties" was all jacked up so I had to just delete it and add new text. How would I do that in SBE? Just isolate "Parties" and delete it?

post-2931-1298652347741_thumb.jpg

post-2931-1298652349316_thumb.jpg

Consultant_Black-1.eps

Consultant_Black-1.eps

One of my basic rules, (this is just me) I never import fonts. I import the image and then work the fonts in signblazer. Otherwize the fonts get a little choppy.

I guess that is part of my problem. I don't have any sort of illustrator software yet. Is there a way to isolate the font in SBE and delete it so I can put in new text?

Jay,

Did you import the eps? If so how? I tried, but as I said the image wasn't there when I went to cut. I don't want to be an annoying newbie that always has to have people convert their files. So if you wouldn't mind would you walk me through the process so I can learn it myself ?

Thanks again!

Jay,

Did you import the eps? If so how? I tried, but as I said the image wasn't there when I went to cut. I don't want to be an annoying newbie that always has to have people convert their files. So if you wouldn't mind would you walk me through the process so I can learn it myself ?

Thanks again!

Yes, I did import the .eps file. The reason you didn't see anything in the cut window is because there are white elements in the file too. white was selected when you went to the cut window and because your background is white nothing showed up. There was also a bunch of duplicate things in the file too. Every shape had an outline that I deleted in my file. Then I combined all of the cutouts (white shapes) with the black letters they belonged to leaving only black in the cut window.

Open yours again and look in the cutter window. there are both white and black shown. click on the black to select it. Your design should chow up minus the cutouts which are white.

It worked OK for me. Here it is in SignBlazer format

when i try to open in s/b it takes me back to trial screen,and won't open :'(

is it because i can only use trial mode?  :o

regards duke

Depends if you have the trial version only or the full version, if you have the full version it can only be loaded on 1 computer, and it takes a code to use it. You still can use the trial version and you can do alot of work on it. But there are 2 types of full versions, 1 being the one that loads on a single computer and the other has a dongle that allows you to use on as many computers. Keep in Mind that if your computer crashes with the single one, that's it, you either have to hope that UScutter can reset the code or purchase a new SB.

thanks cutter, but why won/t it open?

regards duke

You have to save it to your hard drive and open it from there. If you select it from the forum and try to open it it will not work.

thanks cutter, but why won/t it open?

regards duke

You have to save it to your hard drive and open it from there. If you select it from the forum and try to open it it will not work.

:o:thumbsup::D

regards  duke