Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

plotter head cutting in little movements

Guest TracMatt

I was getting incomplete cuts so I adjusted the offset and now when it cuts a small area to cut it cuts in little skipping movements, and the incomplete cut is still there.

Any ideas?

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Thanks tykite.

At least I know I'm not nuts LOL.

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Oh, well you went big time!

I'm heading that way eventually.  I have to quit spending my profit.  :thumbsup:

Tracee

don't give up.Tracee...I"ve heard of that problem but it seems to be rare. Never happened on my refine or my brother's p-cut. Ken will be in Monday.

Guest TracMatt

Thanks John,

I hope Ken can help me figure this out.

Jason,

That was my thought too some day!  I really like what the laserpoint has done for me also.  I definitely got me started and is a work horse.

I certainly hope you visit and don't leave us!

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Good glad your not leaving us!  :o

And I will also stay no matter what cutter I have.

Tracee

140 Ken.

Tracee

Does it only skip when it is cutting left to right, or wherever it cuts?

Guest TracMatt

Well besides the skipping blade that isn't exactly what I meant.  It is still doing that also, but I have given up on that problem and just try to deal with it.

This is something different.  I was getting incomplete cuts so someone suggested playing with the offset so I did and I am still getting incomplete cuts but now the plotter head cuts small areas in really small jogging motions.

Any ideas on how I can get the incomplete cuts to stop it makes for a terrible time weeding?  It seems the more I do to correct stuff the worse things turn out for me.

Thanks,

Tracee

Well besides the skipping blade that isn't exactly what I meant.  It is still doing that also, but I have given up on that problem and just try to deal with it.

This is something different.  I was getting incomplete cuts so someone suggested playing with the offset so I did and I am still getting incomplete cuts but now the plotter head cuts small areas in really small jogging motions.

Any ideas on how I can get the incomplete cuts to stop it makes for a terrible time weeding?  It seems the more I do to correct stuff the worse things turn out for me.

Thanks,

Tracee

Maybe you should phone us so we can login to your computer and check things out.

Guest TracMatt

Ken,

I'm not sure what you mean by log into my computer, but I'm going to try calling this afternoon.  I have to take my son to cognitive therapy and when I get back I will call you so I can explain what I mean about the small movements when cutting.

Tracee