Sign in to follow this  
tory

how to prepare/cleanup a file to be cut

I'm a newbie with cutting in general and def with Corel 12. I acquired a vector image on the forum, but it has a lot of broken lines when viewed in wireframe. What steps are necessary to clean up the artwork for cutting? I tried to fumble my way through but getting no where. Corel is def not intuitive for sure. And although a design is vector, are their some that just can't be cleaned for cutting? Can anyone give me some pointers?

Thanks

Tory

Tory

What file did you try?  I would like to look at it before I comment on it...

Hi PBear

It was the haunted house you posted in the other thread. When I would open the design in wireframe the outer outline was 3 lines. I couldn't figure out how to make it just the one line to cut. Tracee was able to put it through a different program and make it cuttable. I have Corel 12 but it didn't seem to matter what I clicked on, I couldn't seem to clean it up. After adding some lettering and a ghost I was able to get them cut out this evening. They looked great......I just wish I could master Corel. ;D Any tips you have would be a step ahead of where I'm at.

Thanks again

Tory

TOny

You can do it CorelDraw also, I should have checked to see if it needed to be "welded"

CorelDraw is the best vector program you can get,

If ya need any help with something let me know..

Kris

Thanks I appreciate the offer and may need to take you up on it in the future. I thought weld would be the tool to use, and tried, but still couldn't get anywhere. When I get a sec I'm going to try again, just to see how it is done. I really need to learn that program, I fumble through with more misses than hits. I completed the Ts today with the design, they look real nice thanks to you for the design and Tracee too.

Tory