b8studio

USCUTTER programs and eps importation

Hello, i would like to know if it s possible to import an eps file to the uscutter program? if so, what version the eps has to be?

thanks a lot...

ben

It is possible. It will be under File: Import.

The best thing you could do is have the eps file be vectorized already, then you just need to import, make any necessary adjustments (size, etc.), then send it to the cutter.

If you don't have it already vectorized, you can either vector it using software such as Inkscape (open source and free!), or a paid service such as Vector Magic.

If you get Sign Blazer Elements, it does have a vectorizing feature, but there aren't too many here that really use it.

Good luck.

Haumana, how do I get the desings or files from Inkscape to the cutter program?  Do they need to be in an ".eps" file?  And is Inkscape good to create or manipulale designs in?  Also, can I cutstraight from Inkscape?

I don't mind popping for something better like CroelDraw or AI.  Currently, I can't get the free, included programs to do much more than design and cut out super simple stuff.  I'm just worried i'll spend the moola for something like AI, and still not be able to figure out how to cut from there??? :thumbsup: