PattyT

Thinking of Jumping In

I am thinking of jumping into the sign/vinyl business.  I have computer/pseudo-design skills, but no experience with plotters and with vinyl.

We are basically wanting a hobby that we can use to make a little Christmas money.  A friend of mine is in the business and he suggested a middle of the road plotter.  What does that mean?  I am intrigued by the following of the US Cutter machines, as well as their lower prices.  Will a US Cutter machine be good for a hobbiest like me?

Thanks in advance!

Patty

Guest sciondrgn

Join Us!

thumbsup.gif

Some of the best people and help around..

Im guessing when he is saying middle of the road is just a good all around cutter. USCutter has several choices. The Refine is a great series and it is a work horse of a machine, Ive heard lots of good reviews on them.. The Pcut is the next series up and includes more features and options and the Copam being the higher end model.. The PCUT also has a lazer option for contour cutting.

Also depending on what you want to do you can get them in all ranges of sizes, I personally have a 36in Pcut and love it. Its more then paid for itself over and over.  Although for more general signs a 24in model would be more then plenty and save you some space as well.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, There is a great group of folks here. And welcome to the forums ;D

Hi Patty and welcome!

Like what was already mentioned you aren't going to find a better group to help you along the way.  The cutter prices can't be beat.

Any of US Cutters machines will work well for your needs.  Check out the 2008 weeding competition we had and you will see some remarkable work done....or just check out 'show your work'....full of awesome designs!!

Wish you the best.

Jenny

well patty i suggest u start jumping and jump high girl. it's worth. i love it.

btw welcome to the forums!

Guest Schramm

Patty,

Are you the one that emailed me from Ebay that I sent here?  If you are it is shocking that CutterPro called themselves US Cutter Pro's so to confuse you.  Belive me I delt with CutterPros.com and that company is just completly the worse customer service base ever.  My machine is from there and though the machine is really nice, the software I got in was burnt copies and the copies do not work correctly and each time I have to call them they basically give me the run around.  In order to get my Flexi8.5 starter to work as I have Vista is to run it as "Administrator".  I each day have to at least re-start the computer and the unit to get them to connect with each other.  I finally have a method but who would of thought that I couldnt get the help I needed from the (manufacturer?;)!!!!! :-), I mean private laber!

GO WITH US CUTTER as since I have been here there is nothing but great people and really straight forward help...

Rob