Sign in to follow this  
rgaskins

Having a problem with my Refine

I have a Refine 1351 cutter...It usually rests in the corner untill I need something big cut...I have tried a couple of different softwares, Flexi, Winpcsign and the software it came with Artcut...It will not respont to any of them...I also have a Pcut that works with all the software...So I have ruled out cables being bad with the Pcut working great...It wont respond to serial of lpt ports...Pcut works on all ports...Anyone got any ideas? I'm hoping something hasn't went bad...

Rick

Guest fivestar

You using same serial cable to test it with?  I think the Refine and pcut use different serial cables....One is a null cable and the other is not.

I sure am...Now that might be it!!! How would I tell the difference between the too? Thanks Fivestar!!!

Rick

Just by looking at the cables I don't believe there is a way to tell the difference. I believe the serial cable that comes with the Creation machines (pcut and laserpoint) is a null cables but I am not sure. This could be your problem here I would suggest going to the closest small computer shop and getting a used cable for a few bucks.

Yes, I just tried a Refine serial cable with the LaserPoint, and it would not communicate. When I hooks up the serial cable that came with the LaserPoint- away she went.

So is the cable for the Refine (721 here) a non-null cable?

Dave

Not sure which is which, or even if one of them is null. Maybe just different pin assignments.

LOL...That was easy, found the old Refine Serial, set it to com2 and away she went...Thanks everyone!!!

Rick

LOL...That was easy, found the old Refine Serial, set it to com2 and away she went...Thanks everyone!!!

Rick

;D