Sign in to follow this  
sdgirl

Can any tell me what the difference is between the laserpoint and the mh cutter?

I am looking into buying a cutter. I am thinking one of these two might be the one that I will be purchasing. I would like to know the difference and the pro's and con's of each please.

Christi

I am looking into buying a cutter. I am thinking one of these two might be the one that I will be purchasing. I would like to know the difference and the pro's and con's of each please.

Christi

First off, welcome Christi.

The only real difference between the two is that the Laser point has an Optical eye.  If you want to contour cut, then the eye will make it easier.  Other than that, they both do the exact same thing.

Guest fivestar

Charlie you're thinking of the Pcut, which is identical to the laserpoint minus the laser.  The MH is the refine series which I have 2 of and love them.  Honestly the pcut/laserpoint is a better built machine, heavier, more sturdy, but I can do so many more things with my Refine with Flexi Pro then I can with the pcut/laserpoint so that is why I sold my laserpoint and bought another Refine.

Either one are excellent machines though.

Thanks for the help. What would you do contour cutting be for and on what type of paper? I seen a video on a laserpointer cutting a paper that was printed off the regular printer and it did't say what type of paper it was so I wasn't sure what it could be used on?

Guest fivestar

Contour cutting is used for cutting around printed graphics mainly for t-shirts.  Some people do it for printed sign vinyl graphics too.  I can tell you I can contour cut with my Refine in Fexi Pro, but I have never used it once I figured out how to do it.  ;D ;D ;D

Fivestar, You mentioned above that you sold your Pcut to buy another Refine which I thought was the less expensive, but you mention you can do a lot with it. What can it do differently than the Pcut? Thanks. I already bought the 48" Pcut and I'm gearing up to do some cutting.

Actually fivestar said he had a laserpoint he sold and purchased another refine since he decided it better suited his needs. Things always change, it's part of Murphy's laws...  If your planning  sees the need for the extra features than purchase the machine that fits. If not, go with what you really need. my 2cts

THIS is funny .. & probably get funnier  :)