Big-Kid

Converting .gsd Files?

Can someone help to explain how I can convert other file types into a .gsd file type?  The cutting program I have seems to ONLY like this ONE  :D type of file ......grgrgrgr.  I can cut from there okay, but it is really, really limited as to what it will let me do.  Even microsoft Paint has more features :)  So unfourtunately, i've only been able to do cut very simple shapes and text.  If I could save other files into the .gsd format, I can start cutting up alot more designs and requests :D That or use another type of program to work in, then find something else to cut from?

I really don't like this program, but I can't seem to cut or work from any other program i've tried so far.  I've just downloaded Inkscape, but haven't been able to figure out how to cut from there?  My assumption is that I cannot, but Inkscape is 1,000 times better at what it will let me do :huh:  I may pick-up something like AI or C.Draw in the near future if nothing else seems to work.  A friend has pointed me to a "shared" version of Draw X3 (I think thats the version?) which i'm in the process of downloading now. 

If someone could explain how I can work with this .gsd file type or that would be excellent  :huh:  Or tell me i'm going about this all wrong and point me in the right direction would also work for me.  I'm itchin to get cutting and have lots of things I want to try out.  Thanks for the help  ;)

I am assuming the program you are using is one of the Craft Robo types. If it is then it will import .dxf files. Just export them from your other programs as .dxf.