Sign in to follow this  
wright247

measurements change in sbe

I have noticed when i setup workspace all is well. I layout the item for cutting and take note of the length / width send the job to the cutter the length / width change (usually bigger than) I am looking for. Also I have noticed that even within the boundries of my work space the item is not completely drawn and some of the letters are missing and the inside of letters for instance 'b' and 'e' are not cut out. I have slowed the cutter speed down to 30 and made sure both com items are set exactly the same as well :huh:

Thanks - Andy Wright

A couple of things to check:

Changing Size

Is your weeding turned on? If you have weeding on the size shown in the cutter window will increase 2X the total weed thickness (Weed All + Weed Each Copy)

Not Cutting All

Make sure all of your letters are inside of the  pink boundary. Things outside will not show up in the cutter window

If you text has been converted to shapes make sure the centers of letters are combined with the outside (Arrange + Combine). They may just be a different color shape and therefore not cut with the rest of the text.

When does the blue outline turn red in the cutter window ? I have not reconized what turns it red  sometimes .

Thanks , Rodger

When does the blue outline turn red in the cutter window ? I have not reconized what turns it red  sometimes .

Thanks , Rodger

One is an outside cut, the other is an inside cut (cutout). I don't remember which is which off the top of my head.

A couple of things to check:

Changing Size

Is your weeding turned on? If you have weeding on the size shown in the cutter window will increase 2X the total weed thickness (Weed All + Weed Each Copy)

Not Cutting All

Make sure all of your letters are inside of the  pink boundary. Things outside will not show up in the cutter window

If you text has been converted to shapes make sure the centers of letters are combined with the outside (Arrange + Combine). They may just be a different color shape and therefore not cut with the rest of the text.

Weeding is turned on and letters are inside the boundry and do show up in the cutter window. There was no conversion just straight text only nothing else

Can you post the file you are trying to cut? Also let me know what size it should be.

The difference in size is due to the weeding options.

If you turn off some of them you will see. Just turn on the "Weed All" and set it to .7". You will see it adds 1.4" to both the length and width. (.7 x 2 = 1.4)

When you turn on the "Weed Each Copy" in addition to the "Weed All" it will add another 1.4" to both length and width for a total additional of 2.8" from your starting length.

The "Easy Weed" and "Power Weed" don't seem to add directlly into the equation. I'm not sure why.

I cut your .sbd file and it all cut correctlly, center of letters and all.

post-1657-12986523284694_thumb.jpg

post-1657-12986523298639_thumb.jpg