chasegraphics

Whats the best connection to use with the MH721?

I have been using the Serial Port on mine and it has been cutting fine. Well maybe it could be better, I have yet to have it cut a repeated graphic for a long time. On a repeated graphic it will cut that crazy 45 degree cut that people have posted in here, so I just send one thing at a time. But would I get the repeated option to work with the Parale Port and cable instead? Or with the USB? Please lets discuss this. Plus at times the plotter will cut through the vinyl and I will have to reset the plotter and close and reopen Corel then all is fine. What up with that? is it the Serial Cable?

Guest fivestar

I have never been able to get my parallel connection to work, I think I got a bad cable when I got my machine, but serial is better then USB, IMO.  Plotter cutting through vinyl would NOT be anything to do with serial unless it was a bad command sent through, which I don't see how that could be.

Does the connection type have anything to do with reading the cut size area automatically with the MH-721 ?

Or is that a feature not built into the MH-721 ?

Thanks

Mark

To measure the material in yoru machine can only be done with a copam, not the mh721

With SignCut and the MH721, it knows that you can only load up to 24" material because you have selected the MH 721 as your model of cutter. It does not know what size of material you have loaded however, it just knows the max size.