Sign in to follow this  
bowhunter012004

New to Us cutter forum

yeah, and I own a detailing business, and I thought I could take it to the next level and start offering signs and stuff like that.  I know a lot about technology but nothing about these.  Im in a bad mood right now, but I will be better when this thing starts cutting. 

Guest sciondrgn

Hey Brett, Welcome to the forum! Let us know a little more about what problem you are having and i'm sure someone can help.

Let us know what kind of computer your running, and what software your using and what exactly is the  cutter doing or not doing?

Also visit this board  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/board,40.0.html

It is specific for support on the PCUT models!

Give us some more details on the problems you are having. It is usually something very simple. If some of our people can't help.Ken will have you up and running when he gets on later.

Oh,and WELCOME!

Welcome Brett... BJ & SD should be able to fix ya up, if not, I'll chime in... I have a few great ways to just completely destroy a cutter, while giving you a good satisfying feeling.  :thumbsup:

Without even knowing what problem you're having... I'll suggest this for the pcut. Use the serial cable to connect the cutter to the comp, if your comp has that connection. Make sure the cutter will do a test cut. Make sure you have everything set to COM1. Make sure you have the braud set to 9600 on the software and on the cutter. Mkae sure the cutter is "omline". Make sure the cutter carriage isn't press up against either side, depressing the red button.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Brett! Lots of help here (although the only cutter I can really help with is the Copam).  :thumbsup:  Ready to jump in and help with other questions, though.

Ok, So basically I cannot get my ctn630 pcut to cut anything.  I have those pictures to show my setup better than I can describe.  I go to cut a job that has been changed by inkscape so its not a bitmap anymore, and the job is not being recognized by my cutter.  Very confused, although I have done everything everyone so far has asked. 

post-2837-12986522653048_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986522653762_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986522654623_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986522668529_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986522669168_thumb.jpg

post-2837-12986522669787_thumb.jpg

3 things I would suggset:

1. Try cutting just a basic circle or square as your first cut... vinyl is cheap.

2. Change the cutter, to the Creation PCUT ct630 in the SBE setup page.

3. Put everyone on COM1 like the manual suggests.

Good luck... you should be cutting by noon!

How are you connected to the cutter? If you are using the uSB,then your setting on the com port is right. Maybe. If you are connected with the serial cable, it should be com1.

Sorry... the mind was going faster than the fingers. I meant to type "everything"(referring to the "set up" in SBE, and then on your device manager).

post-1656-12986522656185_thumb.png

post-1656-1298652267049_thumb.png

Instead of setting Signblazer to "Use cut manager" try setting it to "Direct". You are also going to want to make sure your flow control is set to Hardware in SB and in the device manager.

How are you connected to the cutter? If you are using the uSB,then your setting on the com port is right. Maybe. If you are connected with the serial cable, it should be com1.

Usb connection, com port - yes 

SHOULD I TRY A SERIAL CABLE?

Sorry... the mind was going faster than the fingers. I meant to type "everything"(referring to the "set up" in SBE, and then on your device manager).

So maybe try to disable everything but the com port there firemalt ? 

Usb connection, com port - yes   

SHOULD I TRY A SERIAL CABLE?

If you have a serial port on your computer,and a cable,yes. It usually solves the problem.