d3c3pti0n5

Make your money back on the purchase of your first Cutter

Just wanted to share my experience with you and thank everyone for your support. I had never done any type of work like this before and never owned a cutter till a few weeks ago, so here is my testimony.

Again, I'm not braggin, simply wanted to inform the audience, (that's you reading this) how simple it was to make your money back on a cutter if you are still debating whether or not to invest your money on a cutter/plotter. A few weeks ago I purchased a pcut 24" cutter and today it paid for its self.

I sold 26 cheerleading/football magnets (average 5x7) to a local kids football team. If you are considering buying a cutter, I say go ahead and do it. Talk to a coach or cheerleading mom and see what their needs are. As many on here have incouraged and suggested, once people find out that you are doing this kind of work, you will get customers/business.

2759558757_b85fdf8369.jpg?v=02759558819_3e9fb600d1.jpg?v=0

Guest fivestar

Great to hear.  Yes you can make your $$$$ back so fast it's crazy.  1 job can make more then you paid for your cutter.

Guest Schramm

These cutters are very inexpensive!  I own 2 - 1 that is in my office 50" and a desktop 24" that I take with me on decorative painting jobs.  I use a laptop with it and basically cut custom designs while at the homeowners home.  What is nice is that layouts using CorelDraw X3 are fast and simple and becuase of that I can show the homeowner what they are going to get prior to me ever cutting a thing.  The poratble cutter is also a benefit as if I screw up on the layout I can just cut more, no more going home to re-do.

I have had a cutter for a while now but I did make 3x's the cost of the cutter with the very first job that I cut!

Good for you!! Now go out and start making enough money for your dream car or a boat to take up on Boone or Watauga lake next summer!

Now,for my story..sort of. My brother,who is,shall I say, very 'carefull' with his money..wanted a cutter but was hesitant. I bought it for him, told him that I would give him his money back if it didn't pay for itself in 3 months. It paid for itself in 3 WEEKS and so far about 20 times over. He just finished a 25 banner job for a local golf tournament. That alone would pay for about 6 or so cutters.

TO all who hesitate..I say..GO FOR IT! You will,if nothing else, have lots of fun!

It's a load of fun and the money I can see is good too  :thumbsup:.

Thank you all and thank you John, you've been a great help.

Congratulations!  How about some pics of your work?  I'm waiting on my Laserpoint to come in and I need to hear some stories like this.

Guest fivestar

Congratulations!  How about some pics of your work?  I'm waiting on my Laserpoint to come in and I need to hear some stories like this.

Renegade, I made enough today to pay for my Refine again while I was waiting on my heatpress to heat up so I could press shirts.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) There's another one for you.  These machines are gold mines, if you can just harvest the work.

Renegade, I made enough today to pay for my Refine again while I was waiting on my heatpress to heat up so I could press shirts.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :) There's another one for you.  These machines are gold mines, if you can just harvest the work.

that seems to be the hardest part for me right now.

besides the customer (my friend) paying for the masking vinyl, i should be recieving a nice bottle of some top shelf tequila for the surf board masks i cut this morning. :thumbsup::)  :thumbsup: not the cost of the cutter, but well worth my time.

bb

besides the customer (my friend) paying for the masking vinyl, i should be recieving a nice bottle of some top shelf tequila for the surf board masks i cut this morning. :thumbsup:;D  :thumbsup: not the cost of the cutter, but well worth my time.

bb

Will work for liquor!  Now you are talking my language.  Who cares about money if you have enough to drink?

for me it is more of a hobby. but it has great perks!

bb

Guest Schramm

I love that top shelf stuff _/_/_/ have a shot for me!!! :thumbsup:

I'll drink to that.

These are two colors (LOL duh!) I say that cause I couldn't find black magnet sheets at the time, and even if I did i would have probably cut into my profit....haha or the black may not have been as shiny as i wanted. So the magnet sheet is white covered in black and then golden yellow.

I'll drink to that.

These are two colors (LOL duh!) I say that cause I couldn't find black magnet sheets at the time, and even if I did i would have probably cut into my profit....haha or the black may not have been as shiny as i wanted. So the magnet sheet is white covered in black and then golden yellow.

Did you cut the magnets on your PCut too?

I'll drink to that.

Did you cut the magnets on your PCut too?

i would like to know this too.  Was this a group sale or individual sales? if you dont mind me asking what did you charge for them?

Getting $10 and $12 for these. I did not use the cutter to cut the magnet out. I used scissors, it's only 30ml ply.

How well does the vinyl adhere to the magnet?  I'm assuming you used typical sign/sticker vinyl?

Guest fivestar

Sign vinyl adheres to magnets as good as it adheres to everything else.

Where is everyone getting their first jobs that pay for the machine? I have some ideas, Craigslist Ad, I live one block away from a High School/Public Football, soccer and baseball field so I can go every day and whore myself out to get the sort of jobs that is described in this post. But what about the other stuff is everyone just going door to door or when they're hanging out they ask casually?

As far as the magnets you posted here you do you find people hesitent about $10-$12? Just wondering seems a little high to me, I'd love to get that much, but I was thinking if I would pay that and I couldn't come up with an answer. Thanks