Sign in to follow this  
jjdude

Strange bubbles???? Days after application

Hello all, I have been putting decals on wet using "RAPIDTAC" and have had several occasions where bubbles under the vinyl are appearing days after the graphic has been applied.  I first clean the surface with the "rapidtac" and then use it on both my vinyl and the surface.  When I finish the job no bubbles and everything looks great, then I'll do an inspection days later and see small bubbles have formed under my graphic.  Any suggestions?  I thought maybe I did not clean the surface well enough..?? dunno.... :thumbsup: Has anyone seen this before?  What am I doing wrong? 

Thanks for the help!

Dude

did you squeegee it enough to get all th moisture out? i have seen it happen before.

Guest rvgraphixs

yeah even sometimes when you have bubbles a week or two after they are gone. I would like to know what caused it, I never used rapidtac always water and dawn. what type of vinyl?

If there is a TINY bit of moisture under the vinyl,after awhile it evaporates and the air it creates has nowhere to go. It should eventually make it's way through the vinyl and the bubbles go away.Vinyl is permeable.