Sign in to follow this  
repodon

inkscape to sign blazer

i am in need of help once agine sorry group

i need some help in vectorizing things i can vectorize things but having a problem sending it to sign blazer that is where i am lost at i do every thing right up until i want to send it to sign blazer then i am lost i screw up every thing

i had a cross that was abitmap it was good but i also have a jpg and eps i think it is called and nothing i screw it all to hell

You have to "export" the image as a eps from inkscape, then you can import the eps file into SBE.

You have to "export" the image as a eps from inkscape, then you can import the eps file into SBE.

I'm having same....there is no export to .eps from Inkskape.  Can "save as .eps"  but, can not import into SBE.  I can import the saved fine into Corel but, not into SBE.   

What could I be doing wrong?

Regis

Once vectorized in InkScape, make sure you click and drag the original image out of the way and delete it, leaving you with the cuttable vector. Now click on File, then Save As and select .eps from the drop-down menu, and make sure you re-name the file up at the top and save it some place easy to find. There is a little window that pops up once you save, so just make sure the middle one is checked and click OK.

Open SignBlazer, go to File, then Import the file you just saved.

Once vectorized in InkScape, make sure you click and drag the original image out of the way and delete it, oleaving you with the cuttable vector. Now click on File, then Save As and select .eps from the drop-down menu, and make sure you re-name the file up at the top and save it some place easy to find. There is a little window that pops up once you save, so just make sure the middle one is checked and click OK.

Works just as described.  I was not deleting the original graphic.  And sure enough, I can do the 3 color trace just like you did earlier.  I could not make the 8 color/layer work but, believe I just ran out of ram for that (and wouldn't use it anyways). 

Thank you for taking the time to "drag" some of us through user problems.  And I've got nearly 30 years in graphics (I even taught Harvard Graphics for a few years ...if you are old enough to recognize that!

Thanks again,

Regis

Once vectorized in InkScape, make sure you click and drag the original image out of the way and delete it, leaving you with the cuttable vector. Now click on File, then Save As and select .eps from the drop-down menu, and make sure you re-name the file up at the top and save it some place easy to find. There is a little window that pops up once you save, so just make sure the middle one is checked and click OK.

i have done all this,even exported from inkscape and I still can't open files.

Regards Duke