Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

incomplete cut

Guest TracMatt

I'm not sure if this has been addressed or not already, I searched it and found only one post where there was no answer to it.  I have a LP24" and SBE and at the end of my cuts it is not complete which makes for very difficult weeding.

Someone posted a picture of what mine is doing in this thread on page 1:

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,4989.0.html 

The post is by tykite about 5 posts down on that thread.

Can anyone assist me with this?  I'm not sure if it is the laser or the SBE.

Thanks,

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Hi John,

Not a thing.  I don't even know where to begin honestly.  I have had so much trouble with the skipping blade thing I have been concentrating on that.  I just got an order due by 9/1 for the fire dept, I cut the design out and when I went to weed it I got really frustrated because the vinyl isn't cut completely so it pulls up the vinyl that isn't supposed to be weeded.  Still don't have the skipping blade thing fixed either.  I have the black cap flush with the vinyl, you can't see the blade with the naked eye.  Then I have the pressure on 140 now, speed on 50.  I ended up taping a fishing sinker to the plotter head to stop it from skipping.  There is no other way.  The more I loosed the black cap the worse it does it (only left to right).

So back to the incomplete cut, sorry I got side tracked with the other thing. I have just been dealing with it and cutting the little strip with an exacto knife until now.

Tracee

try adjusting the blade offset, a little at a time,and see what happens.

Guest TracMatt

okay if I can find that option LOL.

Thanks,

Tracee

Tracee,

I was having some similar setup problems.  After blade adjustment and re-adjustment (to get it right), then upped the pressure to 120,  the next suggestion (from this forum) that made EVERYTHING better on my PCUT was to slow it down.  I first dropped to 30 and it cut perfect but, made a lot more noise (and not a good kind).  I bumped it up to 40 and "I'm a happy camper" and all works well.

Regis