coloradokev

My first paying job!

Not real fancy, but the customer is very happy with it, and I made enough off of the job to nearly pay for my cutter!  I used Avery vinyl, cut and applied the same lettering set to both the front and back doors of the business.  I had to reshape a combination of Garamond and Goudy Bold fonts to work out he logo from their sign.

Pricing:

I charged a buck for each letter larger than an inch, and fifty cents for each letter smaller than an inch.

Thanks everyone for all the help, directly- and for all the information you've put into this forum for reference so dummies like me can make some sense of it all.  By the way, that PDF on cutter/knofe set up saved my arss with this job (and future jobs too)... well worth the read.

Now to figure out how to build the business and keep work in the pipes.

-Kev

post-2054-12986522172391_thumb.jpg

post-2054-12986522187185_thumb.jpg

Guest kenya

Looks Great & almost making enough to pay for the cutter is wonderful!  :lol:

Great Job!!! Can I ask everyone, where do you get signs like that to sell? The Blanks?

Thanks

what all did you do on this job?

what did you charge?

where did you get the sign blank, or did you make it? what is it made of?

THANKS!

Thanks all-

It's very gratifying to have some work out there now I can point to, I hope I can develop some of the great "chops" you guys have in time.

SynFX-

I didn't do the sign over the door, I included the sign in the picture to illustrate the customer's logo which I worked to match in my design.  The sign appears to be wood, probably exterior ply, or marine MDF, which was then "carved" using a cnc guided router.  It could be reproduced in a similar manner by applying  a vinyl mask design and sandblasting.

Thanks again folks,

Kev