Sign in to follow this  
ralais

Almost ready to press...

My press came today... and my sample heat transfer vinyl came this weekend.  I designed the template for my first shirt last week (Joe approved it).  So you would think that I would be busy making my first shirt right about now right?  No... Why didn't tell me anyone tell (& why didn't I already read) that I need teflon sheets or silicone release sheets (I still do not know what those are... I just read that I need them).

Okay... so where is the best place to buy this & do I need a new sheet for each press?

The heat press is also measured in celsius... how do I convert to fahrenheit?

Sincerly,

Almost a shirt maker

i just used a sheet of blank copy paper since i didn't have a sheet yet it worked fine.I think the main purpose is to protect the upper platen from getting stuff on it.Heres a conversion chart for ya hope this helps http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/conversion/tempconvert.html 

Oh you should really get a IR thermometer you can get them at a auto store ,harbor freight or any RC car store

Guest fivestar

You the backing paper of sign vinyl, without the vinyl on it of course.  :huh: ??? :D As for the conversion, google it.  There's all kinds of conversion charts.

You dont NEED it, it is useful, but you can work wothout it. I press without it most of the times.

It is good to use, but it is not like it wont work if you dont have one.

JC

I wouldnt hold off from pressing without a teflon sheet. I still do not have one and have done about 50 shirts with my press. Just be careful not to expose the shirt with vinyl on it to the platen without something covering it.

where did you get your samples from? what was included?