iaucolumbus

Copam CP-2500 with Windows Vista

I have been using my copam 2500 for over a year with little or no problems and then I leave for vacation and return to find it will not work. I am using Vista and the computer says I have the driver and that it is working but when I plug the usb cable in I don't get any sign that the unit is connecting to the computer..I have also tried other ports with the same problem. Any ideas?  I did have some of the settings get changed at one time(last year)  but I was able to correct them on my own. It has been a long time that I had that problem...and I'm not sure what setting I changed in signcut. Can you give me a few ideas on what to check?

Thanks,

Brent

have you checked your Device Manager to see which port the USB is using?

Looks for the Ports category, and click on the plus sign next to it. Should be something that looks like USB Serial Port (COM#)

I'm not seeing anything like that. It should be like com 3 but it's not showing up, and like I said when I plug the cutter in nothing happens.

If the driver is being found, you may not see anything when you plug it in. Just open you Device Manager and look in the Ports category to see which COM port is being used by your USB. Are you saying you do not see a Ports category in your Device Manager? How about an Other Devices category?

Ken,

I'm not seeing anything. I am going to plug in a external hard drive and see if it does anything. I have never had this problem.

Brent    (see what vacations do to you!)

Here is my screenshot. Do you see anything?

the Ports category would be before Processors, so I can not tell from this screen shot because you have the two largest categories expanded.

I do not see the Ports category, and when this happens, it usually shows up as an Unknown Device under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers category or the Other Devices categroy, and I see neither. It looks like either Windows does not recognize anything has been plugged in to a USB port, or it is picking up another driver and installing as something else. I have seen a few cases where it installs as a Smart Card reader- or something along those lines, so when you plug in or unplug the USB cable, do you see the Device Manager flash at all? Try doing so with the Device manager open and see if you notice anything different when plugged in.

When I plug it in nothing changes. Now if I plug something else in it will. I have tried to roll the computer back to a earlier date using restore and that didn't work. I also tried to uninstall all the software and drivers and that didn't work.

Maybe try another USB cable. Worst case scenario, could be a bad USB port on the cutter.

Ken,  Can you tell me where I can get a new usb rs232 serial to usb cable?  I hooked up the cutter to a different computer and it did not respond when connected.

Brent

Ken, I got the cable and installed the driver but it's still not working. It had to be the cable because the computer is detecting the cutter but I can't get it to say anything other then unknown device in the device manager..any ideas?

If it is saying unknown device, the driver is not completely installed.

No I Did not. Wish I could get the thing working... :thumbsup:

Got a number we can reach you at?