Sign in to follow this  
charlie_b CFXPaintworks

Q's about x2..

Ok..so i DL the trial version to run out of AI with my Roland.  As i import my artwork to X2, i see there are way more features than Cutstudio.  So thumb's Up on that.

My question is, how do i know the location of my graphic according to the cutter/vinyl and how do i moe it to a specific spot on the vinyl?  To further clarify, say my graphic is 5"x5" and i wanted to move it to the very right(at 10" section" of the vinyl sheet.  My sheet is 15"x20".  How would i do this?

TIA,

Charlie

That's a good question...I imagine you can do this in x2, but I haven't tackled that one yet.  I'd start by setting up a tile the size of the sheet, and I would assume there's some function in x2 that will allow you to place your graphic in a specific location on the tile. 

A couple ways to do the same thing-

The quick and easy way would be to load your sheet, feed it to the spot you want the lower left of the graphic to start on the sheet and set that as the origin point on the plotter. Disable x2's weed box if you don't want any cuts in the negative space around your graphic.

You could also pull a little illustrator trick, and set up a weed box before sending it to x2. Draw a rectangle in Illi, 15 x 20 or whatever you want it to be, set it to no fill/no stroke so you only have the path itself, then place the graphic where you want it to be located inside the box.  Send it all over to x2 and it will cut it right where you want it inside that negative space. Again, just remember to disable x2's weed box in the cut dialog, this time so you don't add an extra weed box to your weed box...

Ok..so i DL the trial version to run out of AI with my Roland.  As i import my artwork to X2, i see there are way more features than Cutstudio.  So thumb's Up on that.

My question is, how do i know the location of my graphic according to the cutter/vinyl and how do i moe it to a specific spot on the vinyl?  To further clarify, say my graphic is 5"x5" and i wanted to move it to the very right(at 10" section" of the vinyl sheet.  My sheet is 15"x20".  How would i do this?

TIA,

Charlie

Set the origin on the cutter itself.

LOL...i figured it out after looking at the machine that my Roland didn't have the Nav tools on it. 

venice..i did that too.  I was just basically comparing Cutstudio software compared to X2.  I keep forgetting you can navigate most "real" cutters on the machine itself compared to my Roland that doesn't have that feature.

Thanx for the answers guys.