Sign in to follow this  
swaneejuggalo

my first exsperience with my heat press

Well today i just go my samples from joto and i think i'm in love this stuff rocks!!! It took away any of the fears i had of heat applied vinyl looking cheap or not being durable.

I did have a few problems at first getting the vinyl to stick at the 350 degrees and 20 sec it says to press it at but i upped the temp and dwell time and got it going  on perfectly.Now i just need to order some more the samples were just a tease.  :thumbsup:

Swaneejuggalo, don't forget to pre-press your item prior to putting on the vinyl, it removes the moister from the garment. If you forget to do it you may have problems with the vinyl sticking.

Guest kenya

Post photos guys!

I'm thinking about a heat press also.

I want to do some shirts for the shop & family (they'll keep me busy- :thumbsup:)

Guest fivestar

Yes swanee be sure and pre-press your garmets to get the moisture out.  What temps did you go to, I actually think 350 is too high, I press my multicut at 330 and dwell time at around 17 seconds.

I wound up going with 365 and that with my temp gun for 24 sec and it pressed perfectly any lower and it did not want to stick at all what kind of press do you have? I have one from sunie.com got it because a few people over at the t shirt forums have one.But i was starting to think it didn't work and i should have saved up and gone with a name brand until i upped the temp and it worked perfect

Guest fivestar

I am using a Mighty Press, I had a "chinese" press until it blew up on me (heating element went out).  Be sure and check the edges of your platen with the gun too.  There shouldn't be any more then around 5 degrees diffference between the center and the edges.  Mine actually is only 1-2 degrees difference. 

My "chinese" press was only 3-5 degrees difference, I didn't have any problems with mine until it just up and blew up.  I think they are good starter presses as I made alot of $$$$ with mine and had the extra $$$$ when it went out and that's why I went with the Mighty Press, which by the way there is no comparison between the two.  My mighty press weighs about 3 times as much as my other press did.

Ya thats my plan is make some money then move up to something else i really want a automatic opening one so i better start stacking some cash...Has anyone ever used fibron from fellers i heard its another brand with diff name on it..I called fellers and they said they don't send out samples but are going to give me a good discount on a single yard

Guest fivestar

The thing I don't like about autopening presses is when you do multicolored and only press the first layers for 8 seconds or so and the last layer for 20 then that type of press won't work unless you reset the time which would take forever or press eveything for 20 seconds which is a waste.

Woohoo Swanee! Thats so cool. Congrats. I know youll do good, u know how i think about your art. My press is from sunie too. Never had a problem. Guess im lucky.

don't forget fellas, that elevation effects cooking times and temps....

bb

swanee couple questions for ya.  how long did it take for you to get your press from sunie?  overall would you say you are happy with it?  Where did you your samples from?  Sounds like i have an order for shirts coming in so its time to go ahead and get a press!!  im just looking at staying south of $300 so it sounds like a deal