nonabelle

I KNOW I SHOULD BE HAPPIER... BUT

well most of u know i had to purchase a new computer again. so my sweet husband has just notified my of his purchase of a new computer tower just for me. love the husband. but it has no serial ports. omg, he couldn't find one local.

don't get me wrong, i am so grateful simply because i just knew it would be a few weeks before my budget would allow me too. so why am i feeling like this....

NO SERIAL PORT. :'(  anyway thought this would be a good place to vent. thanks for listening, my loving and extended family.

ps. and no i will not plug it in that room until the electricians come out and fix the problem.

desktop or laptop? If it is a desktop,adding a serial port is easy.

desktop or laptop? If it is a desktop,adding a serial port is easy.

it's a desktop. we just have to send the laptop in for repair or replacement.

your new pc should have at least 2 available pci expansion slots.

Here is what you need:

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-Serial-RS232-Port-PCI-Expansion-Card_W0QQitemZ370071146431QQihZ024QQcategoryZ41995QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

you can probably get one locally. Office Depot, Circuit City...call around. Any computer shop should have one. You can even get them with TWO serial ports which would be handy.

They just plug in...it's that simple.

oh,and while you have the PC open, add a USB card as well..you can get then with 4 or 6 ports. Get rid of the hub.

from the specs looks like you have one regular and 2 pci express slots available. You should be good to go if you get the card.

Yup, just add a Serial card for under $10 and you will be fine. Time to be happy again!

:thumbsup:

:D;D ;D ;):thumbsup: well i guess i'll be happy! thanks guys. LOL

i know what ur thinking... WOMEN! LOL!

My husband says that every day.

But he still knows I'm smarter than him  :thumbsup:

we all do.But it's in the 'man code' that we don't ever admit it. Ooops....

lol, mine too polar, that's why he went and got the computer so fast! lol

Guest gracewriter

well most of u know i had to purchase a new computer again. so my sweet husband has just notified my of his purchase of a new computer tower just for me. love the husband. but it has no serial ports. omg, he couldn't find one local.

don't get me wrong, i am so grateful simply because i just knew it would be a few weeks before my budget would allow me too. so why am i feeling like this....

NO SERIAL PORT. :'(  anyway thought this would be a good place to vent. thanks for listening, my loving and extended family.

ps. and no i will not plug it in that room until the electricians come out and fix the problem.

You call this venting?  Girl, we need to talk. 

Have you seen some of my original posts on this forum?  I'm still shocked at times that they continue allowing me to stick around let alone talk to me!

You call this venting?  Girl, we need to talk. 

Have you seen some of my original posts on this forum?  I'm still shocked at times that they continue allowing me to stick around let alone talk to me!

lol, yeah gracie, cuz some of them tripp me out. i was like Damn :thumbsup: lol

we allow you to stick around because we like you..plus we are afraid of you...very afraid. :thumbsup:

Guest gracewriter

we allow you to stick around because we like you..plus we are afraid of you...very afraid. ;D

OMG!  :thumbsup:;):D;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  I do love you Bannerjohn!

And you should be frightened if I ever make it up there.  All though, could be a fun way to go.