Sign in to follow this  
cervelo

Introduction

Just wanted to introduce myself, as I have already made a few requests.

I'm Rod from Portland, OR.  I bought a Stika machine to brand a few things with some other interests I have going on.  Once people started seeing them, I have been inundated with requests.  Amazing how many people are interested when you tell them it's not a huge thing to get some vinyl graphics done...

I bought a 24" Creation from USCutter and just waiting on it to arrive...

I have a educational background in Drafting and Design, but my main money job is IT related..

I have built a CNC Mill to make some boating parts, but most of my CNC software isn't really suited for vinyl graphics.  I understand the machine side of this graphics, but using all the tools and being "creative" isn't really a strong skill I have right now...

I have Illustrator CS2 but don't really know how to use it  ;D

I liked the Stika software because it was VERY simple....  I have installed SBE and am kinda struggling with it.  It seems like a quantum leap forward for my little brain.....

Hoepfully I won't ask to MANY questions.....

Guest fivestar

Welcome to the forums Rod and don't be afraid to ask questions.  There are some very talented people on here always willing to help you out.

Those other interests have anything to do with bikes?

I loves me some Cervelo!  ;D

Welcome aboard Rod. I'm new too but can already see it's a great community and a valuable resource.

I'm quite fluent in illustrator, and I'm sure many others on the board are as well, if you have any questions post 'em up.

Welcome Rod, You will get the hang of SBE in no time.  I had NO idea what I was doing back in December, never had any experience with graphic software.

Welcome to the gaggle, Rod. You'll catch on easier than you think. Loads of good folks and help here.