Sign in to follow this  
Meregator

Serious Sign Blazer Bugs

I've been using Sign Blazer since I got my cutter this winter.  It works all right sometimes, but other times I've had serious issues.  I like sign blazer, and would like to continue using it, but only if I can solve these problems.

1) Adding extra uneditable nodes during editing - Sometimes when click on nodes to edit them, the software freaks out and adds extra nodes down by the corners or edges of the "workspace" area that I'm unable to click and delete, which means I have vectors running across my image - totally destroying my file.  Very irritating since that means I have to re-import the jpg and start over.

2) Resizing - this is a new problem that just cropped up, and I'm not sure what's causing it.  My files are sized correctly in photoshop before I import them, but then once imported they are hugely bigger than the workspace area.  I tried resizing them to fit the workspace and proper dimensions.  This works fine for vectorizing and editing, but then when I go to cut them, they're TINY.  Even though they show up properly in the workspace area, and say they're the right size with the resize tool.  This means I can't create any new files until I get this fixed.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is there a better software I should be using?

Meredith

So I figured out that the resizing bug was that somehow the default setup for the workspace got switched to mm instead of inches... don't know how that happened because I've never fiddled with that menu.  But at least I know how to fix that one...

That just leaves the extra nodes messing with my vectors.  Any ideas?

Meredith