hi all, has anyone used pc cutter to contour cut heat transfer paper?

if so how did you achieve this? i was told it can be done without lazer eye.

regards  duke

I have the LP 24 and I have tried to follow all of the instructions of contour cutting and I have not been able to get it to work.  I get to the point where the instructons tell you to cut a print and I hit cut and NOTHING HAPPENS!!!! So I have been contour cutting my prints by hand

Guest fivestar

The pcut can't countour cut without laser, but the Refine can using Flexi Pro, or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it with pcut and flexi.

As I understand it contour cutting is cutting a shape around a pre-printed graphic? And the laser part of the cutter is just that, a laser to line up on registration marks so it knows where to start? If this is correct are the registration marks made by the program (flexi) or by the user (you)? Why can't I just print the graphic with reg marks, then line up the cutter with the center of the reg mark? I guess it would be hard in Signblazer or other programs to get it to cut at the reg mark unless it was at 0,0? I might try to give it a shot. I have CNC equpiment so I'm using to thinking outside the box in terms of lining things up, setup and resetting up parts. So I bought a laser diode off ebay for one of my CNCs and decided not to use it. So I might set it up in the front holder and keep doing distance tests until I figure out the offset from the laser to the cutter tip. Anyone for a trial and or suggestions? I'm going to try to see if the inkjet vinyls will work in a desktop inkjet so I can make decals and bumper stickers.

"QUOTE"going to try to see if the inkjet vinyls will work in a desktop inkjet so I can make decals and bumper stickers."

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INKJET VINYL?

REGARDS DUKE

Same place you do. I found out a desktop inkjet won't work. All the vinyls use solvent, eco-solvent or UV cured inks. Desktop inkjets use waterbase inks. No good. The cheapes inkjet that will do the job is a Roland for about $10,000. So much for that idea.

GET A COPY OF SIGNGO PRO AND YOU CAN CONTOUR CUT ON ANY CUTTER. I GOT A COPY ON EBAY FOR 199.00, AND HAD MY PCUT CUTTING CONTOURS IN 20 MINUTES.

GET A COPY OF SIGNGO PRO AND YOU CAN CONTOUR CUT ON ANY CUTTER. I GOT A COPY ON EBAY FOR 199.00, AND HAD MY PCUT CUTTING CONTOURS IN 20 MINUTES.

:) :) :) :)

I have the LP 24 and I have tried to follow all of the instructions of contour cutting and I have not been able to get it to work.  I get to the point where the instructons tell you to cut a print and I hit cut and NOTHING HAPPENS!!!! So I have been contour cutting my prints by hand

Doing the same thing for me here on the tech bench. Not sure why. Would normally email SignBlazer for assistance, but that is not possible at this time. Would you like to try SignCut instead? www.sc-x2.com