I have read the previous post about the feeding issues and I am experiencing the same sort of thing.  I have the pinch rollers in the green and everything works well on short runs but on longer cuts the vinyl slides all over the place.  I have adjusted the speed of the plotter down to 10cm and it doesn't seem any better.  If I am not mistaken Signcut actually controls the speed and cutting force so is this a cutter issue or software?  Any help would be greatly appreciated I have to cut six 8" x 99" red strips and I don't want to waste a bunch of vinyl.

Thanks,

Todd

I dont believe that signcut controls the speed of the machine...

However, my refine slows down on curves, and goes faster on straight cuts... i think thats the way there are designed.

I'm having the same problem, cuts great on short runs, trying to cut  12" h x 96" long letters, afterbout 3ft the vinyl starts sliding and then comes off the rollers, vinyl wads up and cutter locks up...

any ideas?

thanks

gg

COPAM 2500

if those were my 8" x 99" stripes i would lay the vinyl out on a flat surface and cut them with a razor and straightedge.

when all of this was new to me i made similar posts regarding vinyl drift.  i solved the problem with help from the forum and i found that if i was lining the vinyl up from the front of the cutter on the upper values of the measurement strip  i needed to use the bottom values on the back side of the machine.  little things mean alot.  good luck,  daniel t

yeah, if I were cutting rectangles I would cut by hand ,but I am cutting 12" h x 96" long letters,

I'm breaking them up in 30" sections...

I will look at my values again

thanks

After setting the vinyl up and measuring have you tried to feed the vinyl with the arrow key to check the tracking alignment?

Is your vinyl track drifting?

I 've been loading my vinyl wrong,  :huh: gee I feel like a jerk, but hey it's been cutting great except for long runs, just cut 50" long

works great if you load paper from front rather than from the back...

all plotters I've used over yrs have loaded from the rear, and cut from front to back, oh well glad problem solved

thanks , 

gg

make sure you un-roll a sufficent amount of viny off from the roll before you begin cuts...  Dont let the rollers pull it off from the roller, especially at high speeds because it will either yank the roll off from the rollers or jam the refine.

Hi , i started having a drifting & cutting overlapping problem . i'm very inexperienced but am progressing with Ken's help & this forum's help. THANKS . Would Daniel T explain more about the upper values on the front & lower values on the back ? i have a cp-2500 & only have a measureing type strip on the front with lines 3/8" spaced . i have 2 pinch rollers & seems there is a weird noise sometimes & when i check , cuting has overlapped . i have slowed the cutting speed way down & seems to help .

Would GG also expand about loading  the vinyl ? i have the vinyl coming in from the back . the optical eye is in front , so i think thats the way the vinyl is supposed to load ?

i make sure there is enough vinyl unrolled  , but i seems a few more pinch rollers could be needed ?

thanks , Rodger Myers