Sign in to follow this  
spacegraphics

New Laserpoint 24"

Hi there,

Scott here. Graphic Designer from Michigan. Bought a heat press and a bulk inkjet system last winter to make shirts, but found that I needed the cutter as well. I think that I will get a lot more use from the cutter than the inkjet system. It is messy and I hate dealing with the transfers. I will use that as last resort, hoping that the Laserpoint contour cuts well when I need it to.

I have been reading the forums a lot the last few weeks. I have been moving with not a lot of time to use the cutter. Everyone here has been very helpful with questions. There are a lot of great projects posted, too. I hope to get up and running soon with some things to post and contribute myself.  ;D

Scott

gowithspace.com (under construction)

hello scott welcome to the forum  ;D

I too have a LP24 and i just ordered a heat press what printer do you use for transfers and how well do they last before fading?

Guest kenya

Hi Scott...... welcome to the gang !!

I can't wait to see some of your designs.

Welcome to the gaggle Scott. It's is a great place to play .... and get serious. The LP24 is a good machine, it'll do you well.

hello scott welcome to the forum  :thumbsup:

I too have a LP24 and i just ordered a heat press what printer do you use for transfers and how well do they last before fading?

I have an older Epson 1280 with an Armur Ink bulk feed ink system attached. The transfers will last as long as the shirt if the proper washing instructions are followed. I bought the system used, but they sell them at www.bestblanks.com  Good luck!

The 1280's main problem is being out of production. It was a good machine, but finding parts for them is impossible. The 3000 is an old, slow, clunky printer but there are some folks around who are rebuilding them and giving up to one year warranties.

I gave up on keeping my 1280's running and bought a 1400. It works great, and contrary to reports I have read the stock epson ink has served me well. I have not used it with regular papers, but with dark paper I have wash tested and even went to the extent of having a shirt drycleaned. After the drycleaner the ink was as good as before (on a shirt that had been washed 12 times previously). The only damage done was that on the very edge of the transfer the paper had some rippled areas.

Too bad there is not a cross between the 3000 (with HUGE ink tanks) and the 1280/1400 series printers (which are must faster).

hello scott welcome to the forum  :thumbsup:

Swannee, I use the Epson 1280 have used it for 6 years, but the ink I purchse in a bulk system for transfers. I have shirts made from 5 years ago and they still look GR8!