First time with a cutter so pretty ignorant about it.

Would appreciate some hand holding as I learn if anyone has the time and willingness to help a dummy :-).

THanks

I am trying to just cut a simple Star with the words Super Star above it.

I got a small piece of FLOCK sample sent from Magictouch. Its not big. 12"x12". So gonna use this since this is all I got.

(What kind of paper stock can I use to use the pen ? constructin paper, regular paper, etc)

Step by Step of what i have done/attempted:

Start Corel x3.

New

Use Polygon tool and select the Star.

Put a star into the workspace. Ruler shows it being 4"x4"

Then get the text tool. Put the words SUPER STAR above the star

Then go to the icon that looks like a rocketship (application launcher) and choose send to signcut x2.

SignCut opens up and my graphic is in it. Signcut shows the size being 4.666 x 3.530

In the cutter box it says 24.803 and 984.173  (not sure what this refers to or relates to ) and 90degrees

I go to the cutter (far right) and click cutter It shows

offset 0.010

Forward feeding after cutting 3.937

Rewind after forward feed 3.543  (not 100% what these refer to either)

Hit OK

go to file.

do a preview and it shows the graphic like it is onthe other signcut screen (when pulled in from corel)

Weeding frame is checked ( I assume this puts a box around the image to help weed) and 0.197 is the data in the box

distance between copies/tiles  first box greyed out an second has 0.197 in it.

stacks is checked  equals is checked.  (not sure what they are for or if should be checked)

Enable safe longcuts is unchecked

forward feeding for cutting off after cut is greyed out

nr of turns , objects (reflecting vinly) is 1

Use software force and speed parmaters is unchecked

cutting force and cutting speed are greyed out. in the box tho is 60 and 90

Testfeed and testcut are greyed out also.

Now when I click cut out the cutter goes into action. HOWEVR it goes to the middle of the cutter and is nowere near the vinly piece I have loaded (Loaded it to the far right about 3 inches from the end - were the blade were to start cutting if it dropped straight down).

So first question is how to I tell the cutter or/and program that the vinly is located at to start the cut at ?

What parameters need to be changed if any ? How often do you need to change parameters and what reasons would cuz them to be changed ?

This is a start and thanks and maybe some other newbie can get some help from this too.

THanks

Mark

I dont have sign cut .... but is there an option where you drag your image in your cutting menu ?? If so drag it to the bottom right ..that is wher eit will start ... Sorry No sign cut ??

You can manually set the origin (place to start) on the cutter by pressing the offline button so the light comes on, then using the arrow keys to set the blade where you want it to start on the material, then press the origin key.

Thanks I will do that.

Without having to tell it manually everytime were to start how does the cutter determine were to start from ?

Say I put a new 19"wide roll on the cutter. Make a design and just hit cut. Were will it start at ?

Thanks

Mark

It starts at the very right position of the cutter. You have the Refine series cutter I assume?

Alright, when turned on, the carriage goes all the way to the right and this is the default origin.