Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

vinyl drifting

needed help

technical ??

TRIED MANY WAYS

adjusting tension to making a marking on the plotter for the sticker to lean against and stil drift

NEEDED REAL TECHNICAL HELP

DUE TO THIS PROBLEM

THE CUTTER ARE MAKING INCOMPLETE CUTS AND THE CUTS ARE NOT CLEAN ALSO

HAVE BEEN USING OTHER BRAND OF CUTTER B4 AND THIS CUTTER IS WASTING A LOT OF MY TIME VINYL I NEED HELP ON THIS ISSUE THANKS

BELOW IS A WORK DONE BY ME USING OTHER CUTTER WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM AND ITS ONLI A 24IN CUTTER

http://uscutter.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=2&board=18.0

Alex

this is what I would do

Change your blade

Check your piches to make sure they all have the same amount of tension

when you load the vinyl pul it forward about 4 feet and check the "drifting ...walking " and if it does adjust it and try again .......If it still does it adjust and pull it out again ...keep repeating untill it no longer "Drifts or walks"

If you cannot get it it is because your pinch rollers are not set together

Hope you get it

BEARDOWN

Getting the same problem here on my new 50" Is there a procedure or something to make sure all the pinch rollers are at the same tension?  When you say pull it through do you mean by hand or is there some way to run the motor back and forth?

Line it up by hand, and the tension of the pinch rollers should not need adjusting. Just make sure you loosen the material from the roll before feeding it in to the back of the cutter, and also that the rollers that hold the vinyl are level. If the rollers are not level, it could cause more drifting than normal as well as the vinyl being pulled from a tight roll. When lining up by hand, try to make it as straight as possible, then manually pull feed to check for drift, then adjust. Somtimes it take 3-4 times before you get it as straight as possible for minimal drift.

Admins,

Would it be alright for me to link to a competing vendor, a Chinese vendor, that has some videos available showing in detail how to set up the machine, from removing fron carton and bolting together, to aligning vynil roll material. Site also sells laser cutters, has laser setup and operation vids.

If allowed, and if anyone does view, mine, at least, open in Quicktime, 2 X 3 pic or so. I DL'd and open with Win Media Player, Ctrl-Enter, and get full screen. Large enough file to see pretty well full screen. The 2 in reference to cutters are about 360 megs, combined, probably 20 minutes each.

I am sure this would be a little more helpful than the advice given from some knowledgable Admins to people with maybe a little less mechanical comprehension

I am almost sure to buy a laser cutter from this vendor, US sales office in Texas, price about half, or less, of the others I have seen. Said that all the imported lasers are built up from the same components from the same makers. I would rather pay 2 thou rather than 4 to 6 thou for basically the same machine. Just as I bought a Refine when I could have spent way more to get the same virtual machine, some cosmetic changes, for way more money.

I am happy with what I recieved, should be happy with their laser, too.

Please let me know with a "Yes you may link.",  a "No, we can't allow you to do that.", or, at your discretion, put a "Deleted by Admin" to this post, or a "locked".

Thanks,

George

An alternative would be a "No you may not link, but if anyone wants to e-mail or IM for the link, that is out of our hands."

Guest fivestar

George I am not an admin, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express :) so I would definitely be interested in seeing that link.

Ken,

I sent you the link. You reviewed it and liked it. You said you would try to get it "cleansed" and posted.

I haven't seen it.

My intent was that it is a video means of setting up the vinyl in the machine, not to sell a competing machine.

Face it, if they are here, they have bought a US Cutter machine, need help.

e-mail me if you want the link.

Easy video directions. Worth a thousand words.. Chinese, so you won't GET many words, all subtitles telling you the basics..

My PM function doesn't seem to work. I can recieve, cannot send. I don't know why.

Cheers,

George

I own a 721, I am not trying to get them here to buy another brand, mods can check that out if they wish.

Hey George, I am letting the owner review the video and the final decision will be up to him.

;D

We have decided not to post the video becuase it is a competitors cutter. We are going to make a similar video using each of our cutters and with time, will have them posted on our fourms. If you would like to see the video, PM me and I can send you the link, but we will not post the link.

Look forward to USCutter videos in the near future.

:huh:

Ken,

No problem here with that. It IS a competitor's machine, and it is a competitor's video.

I'm sure the site owner has copyright infringement in mind, too, when he says no can do.

Chance is probably very good that whoever makes their machine also makes your/our (I DID buy one, remember )

machine, or a goodly percentage of it.

Actually, the only reason I know of that link is I am considering buying a laser from him, and he sent it to me to see how easy the laser set up is.

Vinyl cutter vids were a bonus.

Cheers,

George